News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A happy Hellcat story

Started by Ghoste, April 04, 2015, 10:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Why? He's taking it home to park it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

RIDELIKEHELL

Good old Ontario making you put that hideous front Plate on it!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

myk

Quote from: Troy on April 04, 2015, 11:35:39 AM
Why? He's taking it home to park it.

Troy

I know.  Lame.  I would drive, eat, sleep, live in it for as long as I could lol...

Sublime/Sixpack

What does it matter what he does with it? It's his, he paid for it, and if it gives him satisfaction having it tucked safely away in his garage for a while, what the heck. Better than slamming it into a tree like one new Hellcat owner did a while back.
Besides I think he'll drive and enjoy it as time goes by.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

myk

No.  It WOULD be better to run that car into a tree than to keep it bubble wrapped in a tomb like a mummy.  That's just MY opinion anyway...

Ghoste

I just thought it was cool they were reaching customers.  :shruggy:

wingcar

Performance cars were made to be driven and enjoyed....not parked away in a garage...... 
If you are not going to drive it, invest in a painting to hang on the wall....... :Twocents:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Troy

It doesn't matter what a person does with their own car. I removed some of what I wanted to write before I posted but I guess I should have left that in. Basically, I was asking why it's a happy story. He has a personal connection to the car and that's cool. But really, he could have waited another two years and got exactly what he got (except not as low of a production number). I wouldn't want the distinction of being the first to put a car into long term storage.

I wouldn't want anyone to neglect or crash their car either.

Troy

maxwellwedge

He said he is going to take it home and put it in his garage. Exactly what I will do depending when I get the call on mine. Living in Ontario.....the streets still have too much salt dust and other nasty winter remnant crap all over them. I won't drive anything until winter is totally gone and we get 3 or 4 good rainfalls to clean up the roads. That should be soon. :)

Troy

They've edited the story since it was first put up.

Troy

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: myk on April 08, 2015, 12:22:00 AM
No.  It WOULD be better to run that car into a tree than to keep it bubble wrapped in a tomb like a mummy.  That's just MY opinion anyway...

I didn't see anything mentioned about bubble wrap or a tomb.
But now that you mentioned it, crashing it into a tree would be much better than simply taking it home and placing it in the garage. Interesting mindset you have.

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: Ghoste on April 08, 2015, 05:17:35 AM
I just thought it was cool they were reaching customers.  :shruggy:

Yep, "A happy Hellcat story". Nothing wrong with that. :thumbs:

Aero426

I wish I was driving it home to my garage.     Lucky guy.