News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quick accumulator question

Started by Monziac, April 06, 2015, 08:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monziac

I am currently rebuilding my 727 for my 68 Charger. A friend told me to enlarge the input or exhaust on the accumulator to gain a more solid shift point, but he couldn't remember the actual hole size or which to modify (He works mostly on GM TH400's). What do you guys recommend doing here? Its all stock to this point.

Thanks,
Jon

John_Kunkel

There is no modification to the accumulator itself, except blocking the piston, that will firm the shift. However, increasing the size of the orifice in the steel separator plate that feeds the front servo will improve the 1-2 shift but that mod, by itself, can cause overlap problems.

Instead of homespun mods that often conflict with one another, it's better to install a good reprogramming kit like the Transgo TF-2.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Monziac

Thank you John, I appreciate the feedback. The transgo kits are very good, I was curious about the accumulator mod and if anyone ever did it.

Thanks,
Jon