News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Header fit

Started by Wicked72, April 05, 2015, 09:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked72

Just got a 413 into my buddies 72 charger and used some cheap jegs headers. I know you get what you pay for. They fit ok but need some hammering to clear the power steering. Ill be using headers on my 72 that look to be the same but i have no idea where they came from. Got them from some guy that never installed for next to nothing. My question is how is header fit compare from a B to RB? Ill be putting in a 400 in my car with lose to the same headers so how much different will the fit be? Im trying to prepare the headers a bit before my install in the next 100 years.
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

fy469rtse

wont be fuel for it in the next 100  :lol: so wont be an issue,
same headers that fit a 440,
will be down lower slightly and in tighter , if they fit over steering linkages , will be closer there as well ,

Wicked72

I thought the B engine was a more narrow then the RB. Those headers flange has the runners sticking out 1/4" at each runner through the flange. They don't fit worth a damn. I'll have to hammer a couple places on the driver and cut one runner and reweld it on the other side. I'm going to make damn sure I dry fit mine car before I paint lol. My headers flanges are flat so I feel like I'll have better luck. We will see.
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Highbanked Hauler

Probably  not relevant  but I put a set of HOOKER headers in my sons 440 Challenger and they hit everything but the lottery.  they hit T-bars on both sides, power steering box, idler arm and pitman arm and no. 6 tube comes so close it heavily blistered the paint on the right inner fender.. Other than that they fit great.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

ottawamerc

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on April 13, 2015, 10:17:51 AM
Probably  not relevant  but I put a set of HOOKER headers in my sons 440 Challenger and they hit everything but the lottery.  they hit T-bars on both sides, power steering box, idler arm and pitman arm and no. 6 tube comes so close it heavily blistered the paint on the right inner fender.. Other than that they fit great.

:rofl:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!