News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Um, yea. Check out this "very special" Charger gas cap

Started by bull, January 13, 2012, 03:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 13, 2012, 10:49:32 PM
This joker looks to have made over 7 digits selling Crap too. Check out how many things he has sold.  :o

I wonder if that guy really sells anything. There's a sucker born every minute but you'd have to be nuts to pay his prices.

BROCK

Very interesting thread!  All I can add is that 2 'views' of a screw where clearly 3 are required...........
I suffer from wanting the obvious spelled out quite regularly so I do see where the confusion could be. 
Mine is not to pick on the original FSM people.  My lot is to spend countless hours on forums to make
sense of what the original builders did & why :angel:

Extra holes on the cap ring?  I wish I knew that other models used them (please add the Aussie pics
of the cap open)!  I just always chalked them up to moisture breathers.  After all, the white foam ins -
ulator under the ring / cap portion is not really a moisture barrier.  It is a vibration barrier & moisture
has had many victories along the way in attacking this white foam insulator in the firewall & taillight
areas as well.   :Twocents:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

fy469rtse

Mark I think I have been watching yours on E gouge, once it went past the five hundred dollar value I stopped watching it , sorry mate didn't know that was for your retirement fund lol

Ghoste

I don't think they gave moisture too much worry, some, but not too much.  They wanted you to trade it for a new one in three years.

rarefish

Quote from: bull on March 30, 2012, 12:18:31 AM
Quote from: Dans 68 on January 14, 2012, 01:59:45 AM
Interesting factoid.  :scratchchin:  The option code in '68 for a locking gas cap is 538.

Dan

Is that on the fender tag or is it a build sheet code only?

I see this thread is back. So for some follow up to my earlier postings...
I just checked my built sheet and mine shows the 538 code, Locking Gas Cap.

It is not a fender tag code though.

astjp2

I still see that the 1200 gas cap is still online at ebay, I wonder if he has a large collection of them or if they are just so over priced that no one ever bought it...Tim

Ghoste

TUFCAT

With the changes in eBay's satisfaction policies (to protect buyers)  I wouldn't be surprised at all if the seller eventually has to refund the sale (if sold) and take the part back.

Like it or not, with or without a stated "no return policy" these days, if buyer files a non-satisfaction complaint eBay will favor the buyer 99.5% of the time!  If you don't comply with their rulings, your eBay account will be frozen....along with a hold placed against your Paypal funds.

Yeppers....buyers pay ZERO fees and have ALL the rights these days.  Seller's pays hefty fees and usually get screwed.  :brickwall:

moparnation74

Quote from: TUFCAT on December 04, 2014, 01:53:04 PM
With the changes in eBay's satisfaction policies (to protect buyers)  I wouldn't be surprised at all if the seller eventually has to refund the sale (if sold) and take the part back.

Like it or not, with or without a stated "no return policy" these days, if buyer files a non-satisfaction complaint eBay will favor the buyer 99.5% of the time!  If you don't comply with their rulings, your eBay account will be frozen....along with a hold placed against your Paypal funds.

Yeppers....buyers pay ZERO fees and have ALL the rights these days.  Seller's pays hefty fees and usually get screwed.  :brickwall:
I have been an eBay buyer/seller over ten years.  I cannot agree with you more.  Right now I sold an item this past Sunday, contacted the buyer everyday to today, so far no contact/payment.  Tonight, I will open a case and the end result is has 4 days to pay and if not relist it.  Plus, I have multiple restrictions on who can purchase from me.

That is not my first go around with that situation.

Why does eBay allow these windows?  Well, they get their listing fees and the fees from the auction amount.  Some buyer's pay and some do not.  Another reason why they urge this is to deter second chance offers.  Why? because that amount is less than the winning amount, means less in fees for eBay.

Large captive audience for sellers.  However,  limited protection for the sellers. It is eBay not Walmart.

stever

Hi... Does anyone know how spring assemply is removed from the cap?  Also not sure where to find the rubber washer seal for my original flip top cap which is all cracked and dry.
Thanks

terrible one

Quote from: moparnation74 on December 04, 2014, 02:19:36 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on December 04, 2014, 01:53:04 PM

Yeppers....buyers pay ZERO fees and have ALL the rights these days.  Seller's pays hefty fees and usually get screwed.  :brickwall:
I have been an eBay buyer/seller over ten years.  I cannot agree with you more.  Right now I sold an item this past Sunday, contacted the buyer everyday to today, so far no contact/payment.  Tonight, I will open a case and the end result is has 4 days to pay and if not relist it.  Plus, I have multiple restrictions on who can purchase from me.

That is not my first go around with that situation.

Why does eBay allow these windows?  Well, they get their listing fees and the fees from the auction amount.  Some buyer's pay and some do not.  Another reason why they urge this is to deter second chance offers.  Why? because that amount is less than the winning amount, means less in fees for eBay.

Large captive audience for sellers.  However,  limited protection for the sellers. It is eBay not Walmart.

In the same boat! How's this, 52 days after auction ended buyer files a not as described claim and PayPal instantly puts a "hold" on my funds for that amount. I called and got the run around for an hour before giving up. After all of that, buyer sends item back visibly USED and dirty (it was sold brand new) so I appeal the case and submit photos to PayPal. Then they tell me that I have a week to take the item to "an independent 3rd party or appraisal service" and have them provide a document on letterhead supporting my claim that it is used!

Ghoste

An endorsement for the good old fashioned swap meet.  :Twocents:

bill440rt

Quote from: Ghoste on February 24, 2015, 06:32:40 AM

x2
I've bought & sold on eBay as well, had my share of good and bad deals but nothing beats a good old fashioned swap meet deal. No tax (for the most part), and no shipping.
Plus you get to see/touch/hold the actual item your buying.  :yesnod:

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

bakerhillpins

Quote from: terrible one on February 23, 2015, 08:12:30 PM
In the same boat! How's this, 52 days after auction ended buyer files a not as described claim and PayPal instantly puts a "hold" on my funds for that amount. I called and got the run around for an hour before giving up. After all of that, buyer sends item back visibly USED and dirty (it was sold brand new) so I appeal the case and submit photos to PayPal. Then they tell me that I have a week to take the item to "an independent 3rd party or appraisal service" and have them provide a document on letterhead supporting my claim that it is used!

Ebay and Paypal are crap. I will never sell on ebay ever again because of exactly this kind of crap.

Quote from: Ghoste on February 24, 2015, 06:32:40 AM

:iagree:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Houston-Toe-Cutter

I was working on one of my chargers fuel cap yesterday. I think i figured a way to convert it to allow the use of the fuel cap lock.
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long