News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1 year anniversary

Started by keith88, April 01, 2015, 05:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

I have had my 69 Charger for a year now,And a great many things fixed and a few more to go but at least ill be able to drive it more this year. The car actually made it to me on march 21 of last year but i had to wait a couple weeks for snow to melt to take the same shots. 
Here are the before (the day off the truck) and the after (as of 4/1/15)

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before interior:

After interior:

Before engine:

After engine:

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

charge69

Congratulations on owning your beautiful Charger for a year now.  I imagine it's going to be a great year for cruising and local car shows!

skip68

Wow, really looking better.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MxRacer855

Love the blue accents around the motor!  :2thumbs:

indreams84

I was kind of feeling the road wheels.... :-\ but congrats on achieving your desired look
1969 Dodge Charger R/T #s Matching

fy469rtse

Congrats Keith , your done a lot to your car in a year,  :2thumbs:

TexasStroker

Happy Anniversary!  Hammer Shifter looks great!  Did you mount something in the center dash vents?  Idk if I'm seeing things, or there is a knob/clock and maybe some sort of remote?! It peaked my curiosity, lol.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

tan top

:cheers:   great stuff ,  nice looking 69  :drool5: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

keith88

Quote from: TexasStroker on April 02, 2015, 03:47:15 AM
Happy Anniversary!  Hammer Shifter looks great!  Did you mount something in the center dash vents?  Idk if I'm seeing things, or there is a knob/clock and maybe some sort of remote?! It peaked my curiosity, lol.
Thanks guys,The thing in the center dash vents is a push button starter i used it before i replaced the ignition switch one of the many thing i fixed i just left it in as an option and yes that is a remote to the new radio just happens to fit nicely there.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

TexasStroker

Ah, nice!  I hate not knowing things, lol. Really not a bad set up for storage and or the electronics like you did.  As hardy as the L and R vents are, the center vents get flaky if you make eye contact, haha.
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

JB400

What did you get it for your anniversary? :popcrn:

303 Mopar

Did you replace the rear springs?  If so, what brand and size (stock, +1", etc) did you go with?
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

keith88

No i didn't actually i put 2 sets of spring helpers on the back one set on top of the spring and one set under it it works pretty well. Way better than the air shocks that i started with. :cheers:

myk

Nice.  Is that a Grant steering wheel with a Mopar horn button? 

Mopar4me

Next thing you know you'll have your Charger for 27 years like me and it will always seem like you just bought it yesterday!

keith88

Quote from: myk on April 04, 2015, 05:15:08 PM
Nice.  Is that a Grant steering wheel with a Mopar horn button? 

Why yes it is.

Bandit72

There's just something about bucket seats w/no console! I love it! I think I'd have went with a more old school looking shifter but that's just  my preference!
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

When do you peel the vinyl roof and dye the interior beige?  :popcrn:

keith88

The inside stays black.. the top is coming off in about 4-5 years when i have the car repainted. :yesnod: