News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new 70 front bumpers by AMD.

Started by johnnycharger, April 01, 2015, 10:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycharger

Hi all
has anyone bought one of the new 1970 front bumpers by AMD? How is it? Revièws?
thanks!

johnnycharger

I'm the guinea pig. I just ordered a new AMD one.

Lennard

twodko

John,

Like anything that's aftermarket chrome wax it heavy everywhere
before you install it.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

johnnycharger

Hard Charger

I bought an AMD bumper a couple years ago for the 68 as a Christmas present to myself. the quality was poor, thin gauge with wavy and blemished plating. I bought it off e-bay from Tamraz.

When I called Tamraz to complain about the quality I got some attitude from the CS people and they gave me to the owner Tamraz himself. I shelled out another $75 to ship it back for them to view the bumper. They compared it to there inventory and told me it was as good as the rest of there stock and that I was being unreasonable. I even had some guy named Mike from AMD tell me that I was too picky that they too looked at there inventory, he said that my bumper was a good representation of what they sell and for the price ($200) this is good quality. this guy Mike at AMD was high level management could have been an owner don't remember.

Tamraz inferred that I was unreasonable and that he has sold dozens successfully. So he refused to refund me the cost of the shipping to send back the bumper. I gave him a poor rating on E-bay and then things got real ugly. Needless to say I will never shop with him again.

I am not much of a complainer but I treat people the way they treat me. I will say that he was proficient in cursing.

johnnycharger

Quote from: Hard Charger on April 08, 2015, 04:46:32 PM
     I bought an AMD bumper a couple years ago for the 68 as a Christmas present to myself. the quality was poor, thin gauge with wavy and blemished plating. I bought it off e-bay from Tamraz.

When I called Tamraz to complain about the quality I got some attitude from the CS people and they gave me to the owner Tamraz himself. I shelled out another $75 to ship it back for them to view the bumper. They compared it to there inventory and told me it was as good as the rest of there stock and that I was being unreasonable. I even had some guy named Mike from AMD tell me that I was too picky that they too looked at there inventory, he said that my bumper was a good representation of what they sell and for the price ($200) this is good quality. this guy Mike at AMD was high level management could have been an owner don't remember.

Tamraz inferred that I was unreasonable and that he has sold dozens successfully. So he refused to refund me the cost of the shipping to send back the bumper. I gave him a poor rating on E-bay and then things got real ugly. Needless to say I will never shop with him again.

I am not much of a complainer but I treat people the way they treat me. I will say that he was proficient in cursing.

Wow! That sucks. Sorry to hear that. I bought mine from Tony at Restoration Parts. So far he seems like a very nice guy.

johnnycharger

b5blue

john108

I got mine from Summit.  One of them had some scratches on it, and a bumperett, that I wasn't happy with.  I called Summit.  Without much of an explanation from me,  they said that if I wasn't happy, send it back.  I did and a couple of weeks later, a new one came.  They covered all shipping charges. 

johnnycharger

Quote from: john108 on April 14, 2015, 03:15:52 PM
I got mine from Summit.  One of them had some scratches on it, and a bumperett, that I wasn't happy with.  I called Summit.  Without much of an explanation from me,  they said that if I wasn't happy, send it back.  I did and a couple of weeks later, a new one came.  They covered all shipping charges. 

Nice. Was the second one better quality? Was it for a 70?

marshallfry01

I wish they would start producing repro 70 front fenders and hoods. I keep thinking they will since the bumpers are being reproduced.  :rofl:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

johnnycharger

Tony at Restoration parts source in Hayward  CA is a stand up guy. He offered to replace it for me. I will not be taking him up on the offer because of time constraints. I am happy to say that he is friendly, nice and an easy guy  to deal with.

b5blue