News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 charger front end rebuild

Started by texas charger 73, April 30, 2015, 10:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texas charger 73

Currently I'm rebuilding the front of my 73. I got poly uppers and lower and poly strut bushings from energy.  Should I update torsion bars and bushings(small block)? Also a huge quality.  Is there a crossmember for the time bars?  Also is k frame and sub frame same thing? How do I go about ordering them bushings? Do I search k frame or sub frame bushings?  Best shocks on a budget to keep it firm up front?   Anything else I'm missing?
1973 dodge charger
mild 318
904 reverse manual vb
2 1/2" flowmasters
8.25 with 3:55
Sdh1120@yahoo.com
Plum crazy metallic

randy73

Unless your torsion bars are nicked, I would leave them be, my 340 handles pretty well. I also rebuilt my front end and I did all new bushings, the K frame bolts to the front rails, here is the kit I got - http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=5.4111

I got monroe upfront, I only have a hundred miles or so, so I cannot say if they are really great or not. I have KYB in the rear and they are supposed to be good. I went to aftermarket front and rear swaybars and am thinking about taking the rears back off, just does not seam to want to handle right i a turn, though that could be I am used to modern sports cars. Car is down right now, am about to finish restoring and getting the motor rebuilt.

Will say this, if you are going to rebuild the frontend, do everything, steering box, idler arm, A arm stops, wheel bearings, i.e. EVERYTHING