News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bad ebay seller - Beware

Started by mopar0166, March 26, 2015, 11:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar0166

just giving everyone an FYI on a bad eBay seller - (hamedlfx)

recently bought a steering wheel from him for a 78 trans am bandit car,  - it was a bit more used then new. 

EBay then declined me the ability to leave feed back because they said the item was listed as used even though he clearly states it was like new out of the box. 

the issue was the gold plating had be removed by some type of cleaner, eBay didn't seem to think that was an issue. 

So beware if its listed as used and in like new condition, you better be really sure its what your thinking your buying. 

Sorry for the rant, after 2 hours of arguing with eBay on the phone and then not willing to do a thing, I thought the least I could do is warn this great forum of crappy eBay sellers.   :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :RantExplode:

Dino

And we appreciate that.   :cheers:

Sorry to hear you had to deal with this.  Are you out a lot?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mopar0166

Not a super lot but I just could not believe that at a minimum I had no right to leave negative feed back, reason being eBay said it was a used part and it didn't matter what my understanding of like new was  :RantExplode:

Dino

Yeah that's totally wrong.  You can file a complaint if you want.  It's unlikely going to get you anything but it may make you feel a bit better.

mopar0166

Well when I get home form work I'm going to peruse it a bit more but the seller requested the case get closed early and my feedback get removed.  they had no problem giving him what ever he wanted but the loyal eBay member since 1999 got no say 

Dino

Funny, I've been a member since '99 as well!

I'm all for protecting anyone from those that want to do harm, but this is not happening here.  I would file a complaint myself which is probably the only thing you can do.  Or try to talk to someone else at Ebay first.  This time you may get an actual human being with a sense of ethics on the line.  A long shot I know, but worth the shot.

keith88

If you used paypal you have 45 days you can stop payment on something like that. I would open a claim on him for not being as described. :yesnod:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

mopar0166

Thanks for the suggestions, ill have to see how many days its been and look into the paypal thing.

Im not going to give up and really id be happy at this point for him to just have a negative feedback put on his account.

we will see .

polywideblock

get used to ebay screwing you , I had one item not turn up at all and when I contacted ebay they were "powerless" to get my money back , also advise against  buying a "tablet" off ebay  especially if its coming from Asia  :yesnod:   :flame:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

bill440rt

That's strange, you can't leave feedback when buying USED parts???  :o  :shruggy:

What about other used items?
I've always been able to leave good/bad feedback to a seller.

Very strange to hear also that eBay stood behind the seller vs the buyer. Usually you hear stories the other way around.  :yesnod:

Sorry to hear about the bad deal.  :rotz:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bristol

I don't understand that you cant leave feedback. I think some sellers believe feedback means only good feedback and most the people that complain about getting bad feedback could have just been honest in the first place. Simple as that.

We're his pictures in the ad not good enough for you to see the condition?

nvrbdn

I think that what im understanding is that you left bad feedback and ebay took it away and blocked you from leaving any more feedback?

If that is correct, that sucks. you have a right to your expression. can the steering wheel be repaired at a minimal price?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

A383Wing

file a claim with Paypal now....the longer you wait, the more likely you won't get your money back

mopar0166

I looked it over last night,  and found out I can get the gold redone for about 60 bucks but it seems to be also bent the more that i look it over

im persuing the paypal thing but I more pissed my negative feedback had to be taken off .   what good is it if  I can not warn other buyers  :brickwall:

1970Moparmann

Quote from: mopar0166 on March 27, 2015, 07:52:05 AM
I looked it over last night,  and found out I can get the gold redone for about 60 bucks but it seems to be also bent the more that i look it over

im persuing the paypal thing but I more pissed my negative feedback had to be taken off .   what good is it if  I can not warn other buyers  :brickwall:

If I were you, I would keep asking for "your manager" when you talk to Ebay.   If you've been a member for 16 years, they need to listen to you.   Tell the manager, you'll send the item back to the buyer, and you want your money back! 

I had an issue a few years back, and they credited my Paypal account ASAP.   

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

mopar0166

thanks for all the advice, ill keep on it and keep everyone updated in case someone gets  a similar problem. 

1970Moparmann

Quote from: mopar0166 on March 27, 2015, 08:13:47 AM
thanks for all the advice, ill keep on it and keep everyone updated in case someone gets  a similar problem. 

I probably have 400+ transactions with Ebay.  Luckily, I've only had two issues with transactions, but I did get a response I should have.   Last time a buyer said I didn't ship them the part that was in an action.  Through the claim process, he shipped it back to me, and it wasn't the part that I shipped.   The cost of the part I received back was about $75 dollars, versus the $250 that the action part was.  I kept calling the claim department, provided pictures and details, but had to threaten to never use the site again - they credited my account the $250.   I think the whole process took 8 weeks though......
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

bakerhillpins

Sorry you had problems but it doesn't surprise me in the least that you are getting hosed by their system. Ebay is crap, total crap. :eek2:  It's my shopping choice of last resort.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1974dodgecharger

im shocked usually ebay sides with buyer period....hence more scamming as a buyer now vs seller.

Mopar Nut

I would open a complaint with PayPal. Was your payment taking out of your checking account or credit card? If it was a cc, you can file a dispute on the payment.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

mopar0166

so the latest is I was told to resell it if I didn't want it.  opened an ad with the list an item like this under the ad the bad seller used. and posted. 

he then comes back and says I cant sell it the same way he did and use the picture he did.

Wrote him aback advising that eBay closed to the case in your favor took the negative feedback off his account and gave me permission to re list his ad as my own because they see nothing wrong. 

also the seller clearly told me between curse word if I didn't like the product then I should sell it. 

worst experience on eBay Ive had in 10 plus years, it'd be a shame it went back to the old days where you had to gamble on what your getting. 

nvrbdn

this is so stupid. ebay has definately lost credibility with me on this one.  :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Indygenerallee

Interesting my post disappeared......
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.