News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Dodge Charger 161627134324

Started by MaltFalcon777, March 23, 2015, 08:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

I tried putting the link that you posted in Img brackets.  Didn't work

MaltFalcon777

dual fours

Nice looking Charger, is it gold or pail green? Oh I looked farther, it's Green. :slap:
Crager's with Knock off spinners.
This picture is from MaltFalcon777's pictures that I forwarded to here since he's having trouble.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

MaltFalcon777

dual fours

MaltFalcon's nose, innards, drivers side & under carriage. 
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

MaltFalcon777

MaltFalcon777

:cheers:

Thanks again DualFours for the picture upload

charge69

Hi Malt,

My Charger was acid-dipped before we started back up with it. It ate all the rust off of it and left me with having to replace both rear quarters, trunk and extensions, the tail panel, the Dutchman panel and patch the front floors and miscellaneous other areas. I was lucky enough to have a place within about 15 miles of where I was doing the restoration but I do not think he is in business anymore. Darn few places left in the country that do this anymore! It wasn't cheap either as it was around $1700.00 including a phosphate spray to stop the acid.

We, then, sprayed each and every place we could reach with a 5 ft. wand with rustoleum paint on and in the frame rails! Yep, I said rustoleum paint! My restorer has used it for years inside the frame rails and has yet had one show a spec of rust! Then, we sprayed the entire car, top to bottom, with primer and then, eventually, a few coats of single stage acrylic enamel in the original R6 red. It came out pretty nice.

Just keep your head down and moving forward and that Charger will be like new again!

Here are a couple of pics of the restoration!

MaltFalcon777

Call me a newbee, but, from what I am observing

MaltFalcon777

Thank goodness I can actually view this from the other posts made, thanks guys.

MaltFalcon777

With that conclusion,
I have to make sure that the chasis (unibody) is firm and solid

MaltFalcon777

dual fours

Quote from: MaltFalcon777 on April 17, 2015, 06:44:16 PM
So, I guess the driveline, driveshaft and rearend hold the car together??
The floor, sides, rocker panels, doors, A pillars, roof, etc. This is called Unibody construction. I would hear them say back in the day after this model had a bad accident about not having a frame is a bad thing. :shruggy:  

Ha Ha, I guess your next post will take up a whole page here :lol:.
I like short story's. :yesnod:
My attention span is not what it use to.... now what was doing? :lol:

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

472 R/T SE

Using the bottom of Carl's car for an example.  The red circles show the what is considered our frame, the subframes.

MaltFalcon777

Yes, Carls pictures are priceless. Thank you for the red outline, that is what I presumed.

MaltFalcon777

:popcrn:
Popcorn is better with Beer, in fact, anything is better with beer.

MaltFalcon777

69CoronetRT

Quote from: MaltFalcon777 on April 28, 2015, 03:31:34 PM

I know it may not be sensible to think about the money,
considering what I have already spent, this aint about a budget,
its about making it right.

I think if any of us knew going in how much time and money it takes to do a car right, we probably would not have bought one in the first place.  :smilielol:

It's not about the money.

It's about doing the work yourself and taking pride in the accomplishment.
It's about the thumbs up from the guys driving mini vans filled with kids wishing they were you driving your car.
It's about recapturing a little of what we used to be.
It's about making new friends that share the same passion along the way.

It's about those that are no longer with us.

Good luck.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

ws23rt

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on April 28, 2015, 08:00:52 PM
Quote from: MaltFalcon777 on April 28, 2015, 03:31:34 PM

I know it may not be sensible to think about the money,
considering what I have already spent, this aint about a budget,
its about making it right.

I think if any of us knew going in how much time and money it takes to do a car right, we probably would not have bought one in the first place.  :smilielol:

It's not about the money.

It's about doing the work yourself and taking pride in the accomplishment.
It's about the thumbs up from the guys driving mini vans filled with kids wishing they were you driving your car.
It's about recapturing a little of what we used to be.
It's about making new friends that share the same passion along the way.

It's about those that are no longer with us.

Good luck.

:2thumbs: