News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Dodge Charger 161627134324

Started by MaltFalcon777, March 23, 2015, 08:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaltFalcon777

MaltFalcon777

I would like to introduce myself and make a few comments.

MaltFalcon777

Test for forum activation topic thread.

lukedukem

Quote from: MaltFalcon777 on March 23, 2015, 08:58:27 AM
I would like to introduce myself and make a few comments.
I am here to learn and seek the knowledge that you guys inspire.
I only want to talk about my 1970 Dodge Charger.
As time goes on there is a lot of extra information about myself and my car which,
if you take the number
input it into your browser,
you will see the whole story.
However, I am only here to talk about my Dodge Charger.
Any other concern, you can email me privately.
I would expect the moderator(webmaster) to contact me immediately, should any issues arise.
OK,
my story-
I just purchased a Dodge Charger that sat in a barn for over 40 years.
Once I get use to this Forum, I will provide pictures.
What should I do first to begin the restoration process?

start a restoration thread and then
Post some pics, too help us help you  :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

MaltFalcon777

MaltFalcon777

Cncguy

Welcome aboard. This is a very unusual thread. first off I Think that car may be a bit overpriced but if you already paid then your stuck with her. The finished value as stated in the description is wrong also you are looking at 35k not 70k-90k. If it was an R/T would be closer to 50k. Anyway we restore for fun.

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

6spd68

Looks like you've got a good amount of metal work ahead of you.  Plus you'll likely need to replace/extensively restore that grille.  Best of luck  :cheers:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

70 sublime

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-CHARGER-BARN-FIND-MISSING-37YRS-TOTAL-NUMBERS-MATCHING-/161627134324?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&forcerrptr=true&hash=item25a1ba5974&item=161627134324&nma=true&si=jQmvB6STaEPLL0BRfpQdcdXjxAo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

this car is very very rare and is a true barn find . it has been missing for over 37 years,it was registerd one time in 1970. it was built at the end of 1969 delivered in December 1969 and purchased by one man in april of 1970 and was driven for only a few years then put away and never moved again for 37 years until I purchased it and brought it to florida from tennesse.one family bought it new and that's how I bought it.every nut and bolt is from factory and it still has the same gear oil in rear end.same belts on it too.i just looked behind back seat and found the build sheet this morning.this car needs to be restored by someone who can do it right.one owner ,numbers matching. everything that an invester is looking for. just needs to spend the time with a profesionel crew doing it.it has been missing and nobody knew where it was until now.it was only registered once and titled once..it is a 383 big block,a/c.gator top,SE car with every number matching .I mean every number on it .every piece still has the Chrysler star on them even the hoses.Gas tank is rusted off and I was not going to start it or touch it.it is to important of a car and so origanel that I did not want to mess with it.some one who can appreciate it for how rare it is,is going to buy it and make it all fresh again and then it is a super car with all origanel numbers matching.this car being all numbers matching and a 383 2 barrel a/c SE car finished could be worth $75,000.to $90,000.I have restored many cars over the years and bought many but this is a dream find a truthfully out of my league.first one with the cash can have it.come own a once in a life time car. I have all documentation and papers on it.when I [opened the trunk I found the 1970s platform disco shoes and bell bottom paints that the man wore when he went to veitnam in 1970 and a six pack of pabst blue ribbon beer with pull top tops on them also in the trunk from that era .. I left everything in the trunk just like we found it. this is very important provenonce as well as the paper work we discovered in the glove box.all of it tells a story of the last time it was messed with or driven.the car sat on the property until he got back from the service.  A true time cap sol. call Roy 904 806 2564 for more pics or imfo. FENDER NUM>E61,D32,XP29,FF4,GRF8,EF8,815,030783,V1G,A01,A04,A47,B51,C16,C55,G33,H51,J25,L31,M21,M25,M31,R11,26,,END

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

indreams84

Clearly dude "Only wants to talk about his charger"......except what makes it so rare again? Am I missing something here?  :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T #s Matching

skip68

Welcome Maltfalcon.    :cheers:
A bit confusing introduction.    :shruggy:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

lukedukem

Quote from: MaltFalcon777 on March 23, 2015, 09:11:07 AM
Ok, Luke, thank you.
Once I get on board, I will learn how this works and start a restoration thread. For now, I just want to have a general discussion on how to proceed.
Most likely, shortly I will open the restoration thread for my main communication tool.

Good Idea.
i think you should proceed as follows before tear down
Will you be bringing it back to factory condition? either way, you'll want to take a bunch of pics and document stuff before you start the tear down and during, so you can refer to these things as you go back together. while taking stuff apart, you can decide if its worth saving or buying repop. don't be afraid to ask questions on this site, a lot of knowledge here.
some tips, when posting pics remember to keep them below 200kb and give them a unique name as well.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Back N Black

lukedukem

Quote from: Cncguy on March 23, 2015, 10:27:13 AM
Welcome aboard. This is a very unusual thread. first off I Think that car may be a bit overpriced but if you already paid then your stuck with her. The finished value as stated in the description is wrong also you are looking at 35k not 70k-90k. If it was an R/T would be closer to 50k. Anyway we restore for fun.

not trying to be rude but you don't know what he paid for it. the amount was crossed out and it said best offer accepted. lets not bring the guy down and give him buyers remorse.

luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

MaltFalcon777

Don't worry about bringing me down,

Daytona R/T SE

MaltFalcon777

skip68

I gotta ask Maltfalcon,  what's the talk about drama and a moderator contacting you immediately if there's issues?    :shruggy: 
Not a normal way to join a forum.  Sounds like you're expecting drama or trouble.    :shruggy:   
I'm just curious is all because we're all just a bunch of guys on here chatting about cars.   
Take NO offense Maltfalcon.   :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MaltFalcon777

MaltFalcon777

I will take no offense from anyone here.

MaltFalcon777

skip68

You can post pictures but they have to be under 200kb. 

Cncguy

Ok! Now that that's out of the way. This project will be fun and it'll probably bring you to tears every once in awhile but once the journey is complete, you will have one badass 70 charger.

MaltFalcon777