News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Dodge Charger 161627134324

Started by MaltFalcon777, March 23, 2015, 08:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6spd68

It's really a shame, the car is all dented to sh!t.   :icon_smile_dissapprove:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

skip68

It looks like it's been ran into a few times when parked  :shruggy: 
Either way, I'll take dents over rot any day.   If you've got the space, strip it down to see what you've got to do.   Jeff, KEEP EVERYTHING.  Even if it looks bad.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

6spd68

Maybe so, but if you look at the other pics; there's rot on the drivers side rear wheel well, and along both rear quarters.  I also would be really worried about the "Patina" on the roof.  Someone with real knowledge should thoroughly look over this car.  I fear there's many gremlins hiding underneath.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

comet_666

Your really not going to know until you start pulling it apart. At quick glance it needs 2 full quarters and at least a pass side door. It probably needs all the normal rot parts like floor, trunk roof maybe as well. Step 1. Find a reputable metal fab person if your not able and have them pull it apart and document everything.

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

polywideblock

http://moparforums.com/forums/f62/help-should-i-buy-1970-f-14000-a-18359/

last post today               

Hey,
I guess people got tired of reading my baloney.
Thats ok, I am still here. I saw my advertizement banner. Great job peeps at Moparforums staff.
Geez, my computer went down, I lost my phone line, my Legal Zoom attornies want more

I have learned a lot in the few days. This site is great. I went to some other sites and got laughed out of the room like I was just some sort of nut, scammer. spammer.
Since then, as you can see in my above edited posts, I have made a pledge to hire disabled (challenged) people at the rate of 10 percent of my staff. I also am organizing a Charity run for 2017.
I hope this convinces everyone, especially the ones who think this is a personal venture, that I am an ok guy.
Geez-wizzzzzz.
If anyone has any questions or critcismes, please speak your mind.
Believe me, when we can just talk about restoring my Charger, that will be fine with me.

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

skip68

::)   
I'm kinda torn about this guy.   I'm wanting to believe he's legit and just is overly passionate.   But then again,      :shruggy:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

polywideblock

I don't have a problem if a resto shop wants to do a thread on a charger restoration , just don't try to make me believe your some smuck (no offence meant ) in a garage doing it yourself when the whole time your really promoting your shop /web site etc   :Twocents:

A383Wing

he ain't been on here in 3 days now....and I agree with Skippy

Chargerguy74

This was all quite.....different. I read his original posts before anyone replied but it seemed so weird, so I just clicked the back button. I wasn't going to be punching some number into my url bar. I don't understand the secrecy, or mention of drama, or who exactly he is or who he thinks he is, but for wanting to talk about 70 chargers only, there wasn't much Charger talk. It's too bad. This is a great site with great members. Skip took a little flak in this thread, but I don't think he deserved it.

http://youtu.be/Otm4RusESNU
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

comet_666

I kind of think he was trying to get people to help fund the restoration.

skip68

Quote from: comet_666 on March 26, 2015, 08:31:02 PM
I kind of think he was trying to get people to help fund the restoration.

That was the impression I got also.   Definitely not the normal introduction.   
Far as getting flak it's all good.  My skin is thicker than my brain.   :icon_smile_wink: 

polywideblock

if you read that other thread that the way it seems   :scratchchin:

RallyeMike

Muscle cars attract some very interesting people, especially Mopars.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

472 R/T SE

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 26, 2015, 09:29:57 PM

I remember thinking that about the classmates that owned Dodge/Plymouth rigs in high school.

It was, "Man, those Mopar fellas are sure an odd bunch.  I hear their cars are faster than shit though."

I didn't find out about the latter until my buddy & I in his '57 Chevy, raced & lost to a '68 Coronet R/T.

moparsr2fast

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 26, 2015, 09:35:46 PM
Quote from: RallyeMike on March 26, 2015, 09:29:57 PM

I remember thinking that about the classmates that owned Dodge/Plymouth rigs in high school.

It was, "Man, those Mopar fellas are sure an odd bunch.  I hear their cars are faster than shit though."

I didn't find out about the latter until my buddy & I in his '57 Chevy, raced & lost to a '68 Coronet R/T.

Some of us are still considered odd Bryan!  :laugh:
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

MaltFalcon777

MaltFalcon777

MaltFalcon777

This Sunday I taking my car down to Biff-Burger of St.Petersburg (google it)

skip68

:cheers: 
Sounds like you've got a great plan of attack.   Be sure to tell any shop working on the car that you want ALL the old parts back.   

MaltFalcon777

69CoronetRT

Quote from: skip68 on March 23, 2015, 05:44:10 PM
Here's the deal Maltfalcon. ....  

I'll say it,  "what do you really want from us"?   :shruggy: :shruggy:

Support.
Understanding.
Restoration advice.

Not everyone always expresses themself in the manner in which they want.

Sometimes, the recipient has to READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

Malt...

I get it.

Thank you and good luck with the restoration. Your cause is just and noble.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

MaltFalcon777

Well put, thank you.
I like your baseball cap-
"What? Me worry"
Wish I had all them ole Mad mags I use to read.