News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Dodge Charger 161627134324

Started by MaltFalcon777, March 23, 2015, 08:49:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69CoronetRT

Quote from: MaltFalcon777 on April 09, 2015, 09:26:47 AM

Wish I had all them ole Mad mags I use to read.

Me too. Then there would be more copies in better shape, they wouldn't be so hard to find or expensive to purchase.

:cheers:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

MaltFalcon777

69CoronetRT

Quote from: MaltFalcon777 on April 09, 2015, 10:28:04 PM
New objective.

Forget about everything I said up to this point.

I am going to do it myself.

Forget about the restoration.

Its time to get this car running,

And I am starting tomorrow.

Good luck.  :cheers:

Post pictures of progress.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

MaltFalcon777

Ok, I went to my day job, got off work and went right to it.4pm.

skip68

Hey, whenever possible, put the nuts and bolts back in any part you remove.   :2thumbs:   
And for the things that may be complicated taking apart keep taking pictures.   It's always a good sign when there's no oil in the water.   Have you checked the dipstick for water in the oil?    Sounds like you're off and running.   Don't let it kick your butt.   Just remember it's all nuts and bolts, made by man, made to come apart by man.    :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MaltFalcon777

skip68

Absolutely.  Spray them and let it sit for a couple days.    ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

OH, didn't you say that the carburetor had acorns or something in it?    I'd remove the carburetor and clean up the top of the motor before trying to turn the engine over.   You don't want to suck anything down the intake.   

dual fours

Get your self some Flare Nut Wrench's.  
These wrenches wont slip and round off the nuts used on tubing. Slightly tighten bolts/nuts first then loosen and remove them, it helps.
http://www.autozone.com/wrenches-pliers-and-cutters/flare-nut-wrench
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

nvrbdn

wow, how did I miss this thread?

I agree skip, bag, label, and take a printed picture of the parts before removing, and put it in the bag with the parts. 3 years from now you will thank yourself.

and seriously, learn how to post pictures. we love pictures. without a pic it didn't happen. resize the pic down. if you can't figure it out, take the pic's to photo bucket and work them there.

good luck with your restoration.  :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

MaltFalcon777

Hey nvrbdn, that's one nice Charger.
Ok update time.

nvrbdn

awesome story. and you will find that anything is possible. ask Dan Woods from "Chop Cut Rebuild" when he took on the keisler 69 charger. Check out this thread to see that you don't  need much to build an awesome car.

read this thread.   http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,72866.25.html     :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

indreams84

I saw something about a mummified mouse and not failing a veteran....and I'm like  :shruggy: (confusion)
1969 Dodge Charger R/T #s Matching

skip68

Jeff, when you get a chance post pictures of the frame that's in bad condition.   Let us have a look at it.    :cheers:

MaltFalcon777

Thanks for the support and understanding.

MaltFalcon777

I will SKIP68.
Soon.
I will be going to the motor man later this week and will take some good pictures.
Then we can see and discuss it more.
Thanks for the interest Skip68.

69CoronetRT

QuoteIt is my responsibility and duty to the Veteran,
who many years ago bought this car, and died, and his mother pushed it into a barn to sit and wait for forty years for me.

You are a good man. Your cause is just and noble.

Keep us posted.
Ask questions.
Let us know how we can help.

MaltFalcon777

:cheers:
Thanks.
If Afred E. Newman has got my back,
all is good :2thumbs:

MaltFalcon777

Anyone got an idea on how I can reduce picture size?

303 Mopar

Quote from: MaltFalcon777 on April 15, 2015, 09:41:50 AM
Anyone got an idea on how I can reduce picture size?
All my pics are 500-600 kb.

Try using photobucket.com  You can upload your pics, and then just copy the IMG URL and paste it in your post.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

MaltFalcon777

MaltFalcon777

MaltFalcon777

:coolgleamA:
I will hold up till I contact DC techs.

JB400

That didn't work :brickwall:

I tried your code in a different format.