News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can you bleed a mechanical gauge?

Started by Headrope, March 14, 2006, 08:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

Anyone have a cure?
I'm running an Autometer brand mechanical oil pressure guage. I use a braided line so I don't have to worry about the nylon one melting or the copper one vibrating in half. Everything worked fine the first time it was connected. I had to disconnect the hose, though, to pull the motor. Ever since hooking it up the needle has bounced - violently. I'm sure there is no leak in the hose and that the pump is fine.
It's as if there is an air bubble in the gauge or something causing the needle to bounce violently back and fourth as much as 10 psi.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Chryco Psycho

it can be bled , but I doubt it will change the problem the guage should still be under warranty 

Headrope

I've had the gauge for more than two years.

Chryco Psycho

Headrope

squeakfinder

I recall on aftermarket mech. there being instructions to put a loop in the line. To keep oil from draining back out of the line? I don't think I've seen those instructions on the last two that I have installed.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....