News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW, Selling my 1974 Satellite/ RR clone

Started by photon, March 26, 2015, 10:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

photon

I am selling my 74 Plymouth satellite. I am looking for opinions before I advertise it. It is a 74 sat with a 318. The thing runs and drives. It was a daily driver before I removed the front clip to turn it into a RR clone. The front clip has had body work done to it. They have been primed and edged in yellow. Rock guard was sprayed on the inner parts of the fenders. They were rust free fender to begin with. The work was done by a local mopar body man. These parts are not junk and full of mud. The trunk and interior floors are some of the best I have ever seen for an unrestored car. I have a cluster from a 73 RR with the factory built in tach that will go with the car. I have a black interior that will go with the car. The quarters are the only bad spot on the car. I have a patch panel for one side that AMD produced years ago. The frame rails are as nice as the floors. I will post a photo bucket link to the car. If the car had the front clip on it you could drive this car anywhere. I have decided to work on another project and let this one go.  The front clip does come with a RR hood that is primed and edged and ready for paint.

http://s177.photobucket.com/user/photon07/library/74%20plymouth?sort=3&page=1

RallyeMike

Well, you tore it down and collected some parts, but I certainly would not call that "turning it into Roadrunner clone" quite yet. Maybe call it a "Roadrunner clone kit".

I'd say maybe around $2.5 because of the parts, assuming the black interior is decent. Put it back together with the black interior installed and maybe $3.5k. A days work = $1000, so just do it. Unfortunately, the 73-74 Plymouths are near the the bottom of the Mopar muscle car desirability spectrum, and this one isn't even a performance model. The Satellites are nice drivers, but don't draw tons of interest except for a few dedicated souls.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

GOTWING

Ebay it.. Every car I have ever put on Ebay sells period. You reach an incredible amount of people. A lot of the time we just did the deal outside of Ebay, it's a marketing tool to get them to you, then you do the sale and then just end the auction early.  :2thumbs:

RallyeMike

:iagree:

2nd that for the same reasons. Not a bad project car..... somebody out there wants it.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

ACUDANUT

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 27, 2015, 01:39:52 PM
:iagree:

2nd that for the same reasons. Not a bad project car..... somebody out there wants it.
Well, maybe

rob1684

I have a friend with a 74 318 green (same green as the above car) Road Runner, it is beautiful with the shiny green paint and bright white stripes, green interior.