News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how to stop cragars from rusting

Started by polywideblock, May 09, 2015, 05:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polywideblock

I've got 2 sets that are still in the boxes ,when buying them online was told to put "wheel wax " on them front and back   :shruggy:   

12 months later I'm still trying to find "wheel wax"   :scratchchin:   this is what auto parts store keep trying to sell me and its not what I'm looking for

what do you guys use

keep getting told to just use "car wax " but this is not the tub of wax that you put on a cloth and apply to your wheels that was described to me   :shruggy:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

myk

Never heard of wheel wax either.  Just keep them waxed with the paint/body wax of your choice, and store them in as dry of an environment as you can...

68X426

Had a metals engineer (ferrous metallurgist PHD) once tell me that the Mothers Marine Synthetic Wax is best for chromed surfaces.

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/91556.html#&slider1=6

Their website says it's designed for gelcoats.  And it  fights: "salt spray, relentless sun and waterborne minerals".  So I say it is very good stuff for wheels.  I love Mothers no matter what the wax is meant for.

:popcrn:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

ECS

Quote from: polywideblock on May 09, 2015, 05:28:19 PM
I've got 2 sets that are still in the boxes ,when buying them online was told to put "wheel wax " on them front and back   :shruggy:  

12 months later I'm still trying to find "wheel wax"   :scratchchin:   this is what auto parts store keep trying to sell me and its not what I'm looking for

what do you guys use

keep getting told to just use "car wax " but this is not the tub of wax that you put on a cloth and apply to your wheels that was described to me   :shruggy:

I guarantee this will work........even against acids!  We sell it to NATO and over 40,000 Military Units use it on their metals components.  (Guns, Tanks, etc....)  We also have a similar product line called "MAGIC GUARD" that is used for things like Chrome Wheels.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdr40BSNW-g

TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

John L

Quote from: ECS on May 09, 2015, 10:02:43 PM

I guarantee this will work........even against acids!  We sell it to NATO and over 40,000 Military Units use it on their metals components.  (Guns, Tanks, etc....)  We also have a similar product line called "MAGIC GUARD" that is used for things like Chrome Wheels.  

Where can we find the "Magic Guard" for sale?

polywideblock

like he said x2

I've been to your web page but can't find it  http://www.ecsautomotive.com/index.php     

el dub

Quote from: polywideblock on May 09, 2015, 05:28:19 PM
I've got 2 sets that are still in the boxes ,when buying them online was told to put "wheel wax " on them front and back   :shruggy:   

12 months later I'm still trying to find "wheel wax"   :scratchchin:   this is what auto parts store keep trying to sell me and its not what I'm looking for

what do you guys use

keep getting told to just use "car wax " but this is not the tub of wax that you put on a cloth and apply to your wheels that was described to me   :shruggy:

maybe this is what they were talking about. any wax will work most likely. if your nervous, put some dessicant in with them
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Aero426

What is the difference between RPM and AMMO?   

ECS

Quote from: Aero426 on May 13, 2015, 11:04:52 PM

What is the difference between RPM and AMMO? 

RPM requires heat on the metal part before you apply it.  After it is applied, you don't wipe it off.  A very thin film is all that is necessary to treat the part. 

AMMO & Magic Guard do not require heat for application.  You rub it on the part and wipe it off after about 30-60 seconds.  You won't find either on our Classic Car website because they have not been added to that area.  If you call 1-855-532-7846 and request information about either item, our reps will know about the products and answer any questions you have. 
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

polywideblock

what about us guys from overseas looking to buy it online     :scratchchin:    :popcrn: 

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: 68X426 on May 09, 2015, 07:03:40 PM

Had a metals engineer (ferrous metallurgist PHD) once tell me that the Mothers Marine Synthetic Wax is best for chromed surfaces.

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/91556.html#&slider1=6

Their website says it's designed for gelcoats.  And it  fights: "salt spray, relentless sun and waterborne minerals".  So I say it is very good stuff for wheels.  I love Mothers no matter what the wax is meant for.

:popcrn:

I use Mequire's polish & wax on my chrome plated steel wheels (Cadillac STS daily driver) and it does seem to keep down the rust when left out in the elements.  It can remove light rust stains from the chrome, but not pits in the steel.  Unfortunately, the wheels have to be completely clean to do this, or you risk very minor scratches to the chrome finish (especially on chrome plated plastic parts like lug covers).  I wash the wheels first, dry them with a clean towel then do the polishing/wax.  Mothers is also a good brand to use for this.  I used to be able to get their best aluminum and chrome polish (in a small can), but have not seen it for a while now.  The recent stuff I have found that looks like it is not as good...   
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......