News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Wing

Started by Bob, March 06, 2015, 07:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Besides Pam and Gary is/was there anybody else making the rear wing for a 3rd gen? Not go-wing.

Bob

Ghoste

I'm not sure how much Pam and Gary ever made or if they just got Mike do it all and then they logged the face time with all the magazines for credit but in any case, you want to contact our own Dayclona on here for the straight poop on any of those parts.  He's the man who makes that stuff.  :icon_smile_wink:

Bob

Quote from: Ghoste on March 07, 2015, 07:45:53 AM
I'm not sure how much Pam and Gary ever made or if they just got Mike do it all and then they logged the face time with all the magazines for credit but in any case, you want to contact our own Dayclona on here for the straight poop on any of those parts.  He's the man who makes that stuff.  :icon_smile_wink:

Thank you

Daytona Guy

What would be the market for these? If I made one it would not be as tall, the wing I would do would be of the same height from the roof of the car as the Daytona was.

Dane

Bob

Quote from: Daytona Guy on March 08, 2015, 12:11:03 AM
What would be the market for these? If I made one it would not be as tall, the wing I would do would be of the same height from the roof of the car as the Daytona was.

Dane
The market would be quite low in my opinion. I love the look of the wing but not to interested in the nose modification.

DAY CLONA

Dane

Agreed, when I fabricated the steel wings for the Beinike cars, it was scaled from the wind tunnel test data (of which there many different wing/nose/body configurations) in trying to maintain some accuracy, but from a styling point, yes they were too tall, but the exercise at the time was to just create the car(s)....plus depending on the photographic image/angle they can appear even larger :icon_smile_big:

Mike

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Bob on March 07, 2015, 06:59:38 PM
I'm not sure how much Pam and Gary ever made or if they just got Mike do it all and then they logged the face time with all the magazines for credit but in any case, you want to contact our own Dayclona on here for the straight poop on any of those parts.  He's the man who makes that stuff.  :icon_smile_wink:

Thank you

Bob,
IIRC we may have touched base on this subject before about having a wing made?...PM me here for any details regarding the fabrication of a wing for you, I also offer the rear window louvers if that's in your liking too?

Thanks
Mike

Bob

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 08, 2015, 01:16:12 PM
Quote from: Bob on March 07, 2015, 06:59:38 PM
I'm not sure how much Pam and Gary ever made or if they just got Mike do it all and then they logged the face time with all the magazines for credit but in any case, you want to contact our own Dayclona on here for the straight poop on any of those parts.  He's the man who makes that stuff.  :icon_smile_wink:

Thank you

Bob,
IIRC we may have touched base on this subject before about having a wing made?...PM me here for any details regarding the fabrication of a wing for you, I also offer the rear window louvers if that's in your liking too?

Thanks
Mike

Thank you Mike. I have the louvers already but that wing is beautiful on a 3rd Gen.

Daytona Guy

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 08, 2015, 01:04:22 PM

Dane

Agreed, when I fabricated the steel wings for the Beinike cars, it was scaled from the wind tunnel test data (of which there many different wing/nose/body configurations) in trying to maintain some accuracy, but from a styling point, yes they were too tall, but the exercise at the time was to just create the car(s)....plus depending on the photographic image/angle they can appear even larger :icon_smile_big:

Mike

Gorgeous cars - I love it!

Dane

Daytona Guy

I always thought after looking at those pictures, that they used the Bird wing and cut of off to mount it. The angle "in" at the top - to me is a dead give away. I meant this to reference the old pics of the tests :O

Dane

moparguy01

you make the window louvers too? those were incredible.