News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2007 charger RT ABS ESP light on after battery disconnect

Started by PAOFF, March 06, 2015, 03:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAOFF

I'm posting this because I disconnected my battery on my 2007 dodge charger to add some stereo components and when I hooked the battery back up, I had the esp and abs lights come on.
According to the manual the SAS (steering angle sensor needed to be reset) so I did the procedure spelled out in the owners manual and had no luck (turn car on with steering wheel straight, turn full wheel lock left then full wheel lock right and return to center then chut off vehicle) . SOOOO I went online and found another procedure that had you drive the car 3-15mph then do a full 90 degree turn return to center and drive 100 ft, again no luck....so I ponied up and took it to Charlie's Dodge in Maumee Ohio...and basically it cost me $100 for them to do the correct procedure for a 2007 dodge charger,..... and to save others the expense here is the procedure:
1: start car and do a full wheel lock left
2: then do a full wheel lock right and return to center
3: drive the car 3-15 mph and do a full 90 degree turn
4: bring the steering wheel back to center and drive 50 ft and stop and you should be good to go!

I hope this saves someone $100!!!!!
Great service and staff at Charlie's Dodge, just wish Chrysler would have had a better design than this!!!!

Ghoste

Yeah I can see where that would anger someone, thanks for the tip.