News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Body colored grill surround?

Started by bull, February 11, 2015, 09:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevearino

While the red one doesn't seem to work CDR's hot rod black version looks really good to me. :Twocents:

XH29N0G

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 20, 2015, 06:13:58 PM
He knows how to get onto the internet and post...so its not totally "30 years ago". :icon_smile_wink:

I'm just curious to see the car    :2thumbs: 

(and I did have a friend whose son tried to put a slice of bologna into a disk drive on his computer.)
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

v21hemicharger

I did it on mine.  I had restored it correctly and when I put it on it didn't look good to me. I painted it body color and left the aluminum bright.  It's hard to see in this pic but IMO looks way better than stock. 

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Corey Dean on February 14, 2015, 11:30:13 PM
Quote from: cdr on February 11, 2015, 10:18:47 PM
i did the chrome around the grill car color black

I don't think it looks all that bad. To each their own. A lot of time, money and effort are put into our cars, nothing wrong with doing it the way you want.

BTW, that is a sweet looking car CDR.

Looks sinister Charlie!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

cdr

thank s guys!!!  V21 Hemicharger that is a BAD A$$,awesome,KILLER Charger, I love it!!!!  :2thumbs:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

v21hemicharger

Quote from: cdr on February 21, 2015, 11:21:21 AM
thank s guys!!!  V21 Hemicharger that is a BAD A$$,awesome,KILLER Charger, I love it!!!!  :2thumbs:

Thanks, worked hard for that look.  Gonna have fun next weekend at the Optima Ultimate Street Car event.  That's as close as that white Camaro SS ever got. 

bull

It looks so close to the stock silver it's hard to tell the difference. The primary colors probably wouldn't look good to me in any case but yours looks good.

Mytur Binsdirti

Lennard

I just noticed that the bare metal 2000hp '68 Charger from Fast and Furious 7 has a completely black grill. Just the trim is polished as normal and it looks bad ass.

...: http://youtu.be/X9RqhGhU-8Y

Charger-Bodie

To me the grille just looks almost like it's not there.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............