News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

repop vs incorrectly dated NOS

Started by FJ5WING, February 19, 2015, 09:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJS

Quote from: FJ5WING on February 19, 2015, 09:24:02 AM
Which would everyone consider to be a "better" option for a high level restoration. incorrectly dated NOS parts or reproduction parts.

Curious on which direction to go on my project.

Thanks everyone!

Like mentioned it depends on said part and said car.
I try to get correct for a car that will never be OE judged.
When it came to the Regulator I couldn't get a good repop. and no one was making Yellow letter ones for a 1972 so I bought NOS with a 73 date on it.
Ron

resq302

Just remember too that NOS doesn't always mean that it will fit perfect or look perfect.  I've gotten some NOS parts that were either seconds and sold over the counter or had shelf wear on them.  Granted the dates didn't match but neither was the fit / finish.  Some repro parts are just as good as OE parts as stated.  Then again, others leave a lot to be desired.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto