News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Front fender reflectors

Started by xx29440charger, December 14, 2015, 08:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

hey 69 charger owners does your car have reflectors on the front fenders or are they lights .70 Dodge Chargers have lights not reflectors and I was just wondering thank you!

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

xx29440charger

Thank you! does anybody have any comparison pictures with 1970 rear quarter panel Marker lights and 1969 reflectors?

Ghoste

The 70 marker is a larger unit as is the corresponding hole in the panel.

Mike DC

Chrysler found a loophole in the federal law in 1969.  The Feds promptly closed it. 

So all Mopars had working lights before & after 1969, but the '69s only had the red/yellow lenses without any bulbs & wiring behind them. 

Dino

I need to fix that on mine and turn them into functioning turn signals.  I remember reading about donor parts that make this a pretty straightforward job but now I can't find it of course.

69B3RT

You might be able to use 70 satellite side marker lights in your 69 reflector housings. With some modifying of course.

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: Dino on December 14, 2015, 10:14:06 PM
I need to fix that on mine and turn them into functioning turn signals.  I remember reading about donor parts that make this a pretty straightforward job but now I can't find it of course.

If you've got the cash yearone has an LED turn signal kit. But i'm sure there is a cheaper solution out there that is just as good.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/led69#prettyPhoto
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

A383Wing

I did it to the Daytona....both fronts light up now....next step is to re-wire them to make them blink with the turn signals

Bryan

Dino

The YO kit is noce but dang that's a bit pricey for what it is.

Bryan did you use E or A body stuff to do that or is it a mix of parts and some home brew?  Very nice work!   :2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on December 15, 2015, 02:07:34 PM
I need to fix that on mine and turn them into functioning turn signals.  I remember reading about donor parts that make this a pretty straightforward job but now I can't find it of course.

If you've got the cash yearone has an LED turn signal kit. But i'm sure there is a cheaper solution out there that is just as good.

https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/led69#prettyPhoto

I bought this kit...

Then, I sent it back.  :slap:

It was garbage.  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

:Twocents:

A383Wing

Quote from: Dino on December 15, 2015, 10:28:52 PM
The YO kit is noce but dang that's a bit pricey for what it is.

Bryan did you use E or A body stuff to do that or is it a mix of parts and some home brew?  Very nice work!   :2thumbs:

used mix of parts...69 reflectors, and early 70's "A" body parts....cut off the part that the bulb fits into from the "A" body unit, then open up a square hole in the backing plate on the 69 reflector, glue the 2 pieces together and install bulb and socket, you now have a lighted reflector without knowing it from the outside of the car

fy469rtse

Mine was at body work stage ,
I hate the cheap reflectors, I installed 70 gtx in mine ,
Find my thread build , sorry don't know how to link it for you ,
So close in fit , no one has noticed , even when I have them lit up ?

Dino

Thanks Bryan   :cheers:

fy, how close of a fit are the GTX lights?  I'm going to look for your build thread now.

VegasCharger

Dino if you decide to do a fab job, I have some turn signal backings that are broke but the square bulb housings are intact. You could shave them off then apply them to your OEM 69 reflectors like A383Wing did. I even have some light bulb pigtails for the same housings (see pics). They're yours if you want them, no charge. Glad to help you out on your project. No biggie if you go another direction, thought I would offer.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Kern Dog

Quote from: xx29440charger on December 14, 2015, 08:21:45 PM
hey and 69 charger owners does your car have reflectors on the front fenders or are they lights .70 Dodge Chargers have lights not reflectors and I was just wondering thank you!

Is the first sentence a question or a statement?

xx29440charger

It's a question. I didn't see the and part when I posted.