News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got the Charger stuck in the snow...

Started by DC_1, March 02, 2015, 09:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

DC_1

...well sort of..... my daughter had to do a project for her photography class at school. We thought we'd shoot the Charger and try and do a little trickery!

TUFCAT

TUFCAT

Oh....I see.  :cheers:  Such a great idea. The background worked very well for you!  :coolgleamA:

DC_1

Its actually just sitting on the back of my pick up bed cover.

DC_1

You fall for it if you look quickly but once you look you can see its just a model. The warped looking window glass and what appears to be 2" diameter radio mast is a bit of a give-away!

TUFCAT

Sure I could tell it was a model...but I was very impressed with how you used the background so well.  Great job.

lukedukem

Quote from: DC_1 on March 02, 2015, 09:45:05 AM
You fall for it if you look quickly but once you look you can see its just a model. The warped looking window glass and what appears to be 2" diameter radio mast is a bit of a give-away!

i did. before even clicking on the thread my reaction was oh S&%T, then i saw the pic and was like "Wait one minute" i see what he did there.
didn't know it was so far away and up high. made it look like it was sitting on a small hill

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

A383Wing

bet the teacher and most kids in the class would not know or be able to tell it was a model

DC_1

Quote from: A383Wing on March 02, 2015, 10:00:29 AM
bet the teacher and most kids in the class would not know or be able to tell it was a model

....or even know what kind of car it is!

twodko

The first thing that jumped out to me was the HUGE gap between
the door and fender.

Very cool use of visual perception.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Interesting, and perception/perspective, too. But it's clearly a model which nobody would fall for the trickery  :Twocents:

Cool, nonetheless

moparfan

ACUDANUT

I hate it too, when my models get stuck in the snow.  :nana:

keith88

1st i was going to ask why is it out in the snow ..than i took a second look and was going to say your car look a lot like a model then i moved to the next post and said ahhhh That's because it is a model! :yesnod:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

freddyd02

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

freddyd02

Has anyone on here actually taken their Charger out for a spin in the snow?  :scratchchin:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: freddyd02 on March 02, 2015, 10:10:20 PM
Has anyone on here actually taken their Charger out for a spin in the snow?  :scratchchin:

Hopefully not literally......spinning around in the snow....

VegasCharger

Quote from: DC_1 on March 02, 2015, 09:35:49 AM
...well sort of..... my daughter had to do a project for her photography class at school. We thought we'd shoot the Charger and try and do a little trickery!

Cool ideal :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: Great imagination :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Has anyone on here actually taken their Charger out for a spin in the snow?  :scratchchin:

This guy did LOL.

XH29N0G

Not since the 1980's. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Dino

On purpose?  No.  By accident?  Yes.  I was still in Europe driving a 68 and our winters rarely see snow so as usual I took the car to work. Around mid morning it started snowing a little but nothing major.  At lunch time I stuck my head out and it stopped snowing and the road looked fine so I quit worrying and went back to work.  I could've parked the Charger in the shop and had my co worker drop me off at home, but since I thought all was well I didn't ask and stayed late.  I left the shop around 6:30 that night and by that time it picked up again and left about a foot on the ground.  

The car had a peppy 383 with 3:23's and 225 tires.  If it had been a manual it would not have been so bad, but with an auto it was horrible.  Luckily everyone else was going at a crawl pace as well because there was no way I could do much more than trying to slide in a straight line.   :lol:

It took me about an hour and a half to make the otherwise 25 minute trip but I made it home safe and parked the car for a day or two until the snow was gone.  I don't know how people used to drive these things in snow with an auto.  
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.