News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Charger commercial with a sunroof SE

Started by sdweatherman, February 25, 2015, 09:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdweatherman

70 sublime posted this on the 1970 Charger Registry page. The first charger looks to be an F3 light green/white top/CRG leather/vinyl bucket interior SE with road wheels and sunroof. I have only one sunroof car in the registry that matches that one - car #077. Dan - 077 was your brother's former car. Could this one be it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8hiwodBJiY

Here's a screen capture.
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

6bblgt

WOW!!  I watched that yesterday & didn't catch that.  :icon_smile_blackeye:  & I drove that car cross country - but it looked a bit different.
non-F70 whitewalls check, 8-track check, cruise control check, column shift & "buddy seat" check,
scheduled C12 (a bit early for spring "white hat" promotion) but it had to go to ASC for a roof, & lead time from film to an air date was ?? early '69???
my brother's car's coded as a CA car with Y86 "contracted new car service" - Dallas Smith/Auto-Pre-Check was a large LA area facility that handled this type of service for the Hollywood types

can anyone see any power window switches? or a rear defogger bezel on the package tray?

'69 Registry: what's the earliest F6 Charger known (I know of one 217-SPD)?  what's the earliest A41 Charger (I know of one 121-SPD)?

although any or all of them in the commercial could be coded 99 or special & be earlier than expected??

6bblgt

6-way seat check (that has to be a 6-way, right) ..... & headrests check - on a Dec. '69 car

these all have the "short" front bumper guards - is there a consensus on what/where/when these were used VS. the "large" '69 Charger front guards?  

tan top

think the tall bumper guards  deal  , was  chargers built either March  69 , from memory ! there was a thread about that very subject a year or so ago !  this was only going by original cars with SPD dates etc  :scratchchin:   might of been May 69 I forget , just had a look for the thread , not found it as of yet !  Chris of  ( Jst6t9chgr) & Ghoste will know more on this i'm sure  :scratchchin: :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

I'll have to check when I get home on the F6 question and as for the long guards, yes I think it's around March when they begin to show.  There isn't really a "hard" date on those as yet that I know of.

6bblgt

based on a copy of the b'cast sheet - my brother's car with delivery to California was ~$5500.00 new  :o

I see nothing that's not on the commercial car - or missing from my brother's old car - What are the odds?  Where is it now?

Ghoste

The earliest F6 car in the registry I could find was November 6, 1968 and its a St Louis car.

TUFCAT

That's more than just a coincidence! .... It really could be "the car" - - especially if the commercial was shot in L.A!

sdweatherman

I concur with TUFCAT -

Dan's brothers car #77 matches this one, and is the only F3 car that I know of. Its SPD is Dec 12th. Figure an easy 2 to 4 weeks for the ASC sunroof turn-around (especially with Xmas and New Years in there). So we are talking about mid January for this car to be available for the commercial.

Looks like R6 cars were around by November - so the R6 R/T in the commercial is easy.

Dan has a White Hat Special (A41) car with an SPD of Jan 21 - so mid January looks good for introducing the White Hat Special. Just checked and Hamtramck Historical has the announcement letter for Charger and Monaco White Hat Special Cars dated January 2nd, 1969.

So, I would say that there is a high probability that the commercial car is car #077.

Scott.

6bblgt

Quote from: Ghoste on February 26, 2015, 08:16:25 PM
The earliest F6 car in the registry I could find was November 6, 1968 and its a St Louis car.

that doesn't sound right, too early - is that a good tag?  or possibly F8?

How many F3 cars accounted for? (out of how many total cars with known color?)

6bblgt

"the public announcement of Charger and Monaco WHITE HAT SPECIAL cars on February 15, 1969"

Ghoste

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 27, 2015, 12:47:22 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on February 26, 2015, 08:16:25 PM

that doesn't sound right, too early - is that a good tag?  or possibly F8?

How many F3 cars accounted for? (out of how many total cars with known color?)

It is and the next one shows up November 19 th as a Hamtramck car and it is also a good tag (FWIW, anything not backed up by a tag or broadcast sheet ends up with blank columns in the database.  I'll enter a VIN but not anything that can't be proven).
After these two there is a gap until the March date when everyone expects to see them.  The total registered so far is 44 with most of them being XP cars.

TUFCAT

If you look closely at the turn signal stalk, the commercial car also has N88 speed control.... That can't be a coincidence!  Also has wood grain steering wheel and power windows....you don't see a window crank when [my little hottie] opens the door and exits the car.

sdweatherman

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 27, 2015, 01:02:33 AM
"the public announcement of Charger and Monaco WHITE HAT SPECIAL cars on February 15, 1969"
Whoops - should have read through the whole document - I just noticed the date at the top. Good catch Dan. I still think we have good possibilities that this was your brother's car.
Scott.

TUFCAT

Quote from: sdweatherman on February 27, 2015, 08:41:19 AM
Quote from: 6bblgt on February 27, 2015, 01:02:33 AM
Whoops - should have read through the whole document - I just noticed the date at the top. Good catch Dan. I still think we have good possibilities that this was your brother's car.
Scott.

I also think that is your brothers car!  If you listen to the audio when the SE drives away the exhaust rumble sounds just like it should with a 383 four barrel and dual exhaust. There's no way a 383 2bbl with single exhaust or 318 would sound that good.  :icon_smile_cool: