News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ignition coil re-paint....any ideas?

Started by A383Wing, February 19, 2015, 06:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

going to need to paint this bright blue ignition coil black when I convert my ignition system over to another brand.

Any tips or tricks to do this and make it last? I am assuming a flat black would look best instead of a glossy black?

Bryan

Just 6T9 CHGR

I used Eastwoods Under Hood Black, then topped it off with a decal kit from ECS   :2thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jaak

I think any quality spray can paint should hold up good, as long as the coil is prepped well and cleaned.

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 19, 2015, 06:50:24 PM
I used Eastwoods Under Hood Black, then topped it off with a decal kit from ECS   :2thumbs:

Looks good Chris!

Jason

patcharger

69 charger G-Lee

bill440rt

Chris' looks excellent!

I would look into some kind of high-heat paint, pretty sure that Eastwood product is heat resistant?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Shakey

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on February 19, 2015, 06:50:24 PM

Did the same with mine but not with the decal.

Had it hanging from a wire in the garage, went out for dinner with the family and came home to find it on the garage floor with a dent in it.   :rotz:

Still works and the dent is kinda noticeable but...