News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Polished Wiper Arm Question:

Started by Captain D, May 20, 2015, 01:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hello all,

While it may not be period correct for the 69' Charger, has anyone heard of any negative experiences from folks using these stainless steel wiper arms, by chance? Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381215208529?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Stainless-Steel-Wiper-Arms-Mopar-Dodge-Charger-1967-1968-1969-1970-/301583213094?hash=item4637c2a226&vxp=mtr

It says that it is compatible with the 69' Charger and is made in a stainless steel-like finish. Just curious if anyone here happened to have any negative experiences with fitment, quality, etc.

Thank you for your time and any replies,
Aaron

b5blue

The second one down...they are like 12.00ea at Rockauto. I used a pair, they fit. The knob thing on the end bugged me so I took the old ones apart and stuck the flat rods from them into the new lower part. It took some messing around but worked out okay.  :2thumbs:

Captain D

Thanks Neal for the response!

Cool, glad to hear that Rock Auto has the wiper arms in option #2 in my posting above - and at a better price, thanks buddy! Just to double-check if I may please before I go to purchase...are the wiper arms from Rock Auto stainless steel and pictured just as the ebay link is in option #2? And lastly, do you happen to have a picture of these wiper arms installed on your car, by chance? I suppose that's a reason why I haven't purchased too much from Rock Auto - there aren't too many pictures of the goods in which customers are buying... ;)

Thank you for allowing me to double check before I 'pull the trigger' on a pair.
Best regards,
Aaron

Brock Lee

Those arms have been around since at least the 70's. I remember my father using one on his car around 1978. That little round adjuster allowed the arm to be used on a large range of cars. You just adjust it to angle you want.

The only picture I have on a Charger is from Dukes of Hazzard. They show up on that show occasionally.

b5blue

Yea I got them from Rock and found if you do some tinkering you can fit an original bar into the base and they look good and fit the pivots tighter. 

Captain D

Thanks guys for the post and pic!  :cheers:

I had called Rock Auto today to place my order, but the rep noted that they only have the right side in stock - not the left,  ::). So, lol, back to square one in my search. I had seen some on *bay, but feedback is pretty rough with some of those sellers. I realize that they're out there, so its just a matter of choosing which is best (price / feedback, etc.).

Thank you again for all of the input gents,  :2thumbs:
Aaron

b5blue

Captain D

Hi Neal,

Agh, now I feel like such a dumb-a$$ for sure. I had called to simply double-check to see if there is such a thing as R/L or they're all the same having never swapped this part out on the car before, lol. It seems that the rep was as new as I am... :icon_smile_wink:

Captain D

Hello Neal and to those who also posted,

Just wanted to post a progress report - I received the new wiper arms + blades from Rock Auto. They came in a silver matte / period correct finish and the total price (S/H included) was only about $45 for both the arms and blades. Overall, they fit like a glove and my older existing pivots were just fine. To be honest, I didn't get the tool to remove the old arms on account that the local auto parts stores didn't have them in stock and, if I wanted it, I had to pre-pay in which it would arrive over a period of a few days. As such, I simply went ahead to carefully remove the old arms by hand. Although my index fingers and thumbs were sore to the nub afterwards, the old arms weren't too bad to remove in the long-run. In short, it was a cool learning experience never having done something like this before and the new replacements look a lot better than my original pieces.

Many thanks to Neal and the guys who posted under this thread and helped me out!  :2thumbs: :cheers: Attached are two pics that I hope aren't too big,  ;).

High regards to all,
Aaron -

b5blue

Good job Aaron!  :2thumbs: Your now ready if caught in the rain.