News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Radiator Selection

Started by sanders7981, March 02, 2015, 08:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

As my project drags on... And on... I am looking at radiators.  Some are way too expensive for my application, but I plan to have a 383 putting out about 500hp in Tampa, FL summers.  I have read some previous posts about Champion Radiators, and a few others... Has anyone use this particular on on the Bay?  Price seems to be the cheapest and comparable in design to other makers on there.  Thanks in advance!   :cheers:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-73-DODGE-CHARGER-CHALLENGER-383-440-V8-3-ROW-FULL-ALUMINUM-RACING-RADIATOR-/151290704169?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1969%7CModel%3ACharger&hash=item2339a0f129&vxp=mtr

lukedukem

I went with champion as well, but the pic looks like it will fit good.looks like mine.  Check the reviews

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

sanders7981

I'm not opposed to them... They are about $50 more. 

fy469rtse

I used one of these, they even managed to get it to me in one piece to Australia,
This is in front of solid roller victor junoir heads intake stroker , 3500 stall ,
On one of our hottest days , had it out got stuck in traffic to see what would happen , I have twin thermos as well to come on if needed, verdict great radiator for the price  :2thumbs: steel stock fan , no clutch fan
A friend used one also in front of a worked engine ,
Made a big difference to his as well,
The should is a big factor , add it  :Twocents:

1974dodgecharger

dont make it too cold dude  ::)

justcruisin

The core thickness is listed as 2.25", most likely the tubes are only 5/8. I would ask for the tube size and spacing before buying. Two rows of 1" tubes would be better than 3 rows of 5/8" tubes but you also need to check core size, some manufactures use a one size fits all core, the radiator may bolt in but the core may be shorter from one brand to another, shop around and check all specs before you buy.
Interested to know what makes it a racing radiator as opposed to a regular radiator?

fy469rtse

Shiny alloy , sales gimmick  :2thumbs:,
But good radiator

Cooter

I tend to use GM style because of cross flow and cheaper. It's not all that hard to fab bracketry to make it fit a Mopar.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Wicked72

just got a champion 1" 2 row 26" off ebay and it fits perfect. now i wont have a motor in for about a year so i cant say how well it works yet.
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected