News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grave yard cars

Started by RUSTY CHIEFTAN, February 16, 2015, 08:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RUSTY CHIEFTAN

Does anyone know what is going on over there.I heard Darren,Josh ,Derrick are all no longer employed there .Is the show going to come to an end?

TUFCAT

Rumor on Facebook was Josh and Darren were FIRED.

RUSTY CHIEFTAN

That show is one of the best car shows around . I loved it.It truly captured the shop setting four guys working always gooffing around. :cheers:

twodko

Way too much contrived drama and not enough real restoration. Mostly bullshit.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

resq302

While I appreciate the show for the Mopars that are on there, I find that there is a lot of inaccuracies in the information that the show provides.  Entertaining..... to a point.  Accurate..... eh, so so.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparnation74

The variety of Mopars restored there is entertaining to watch.  Where else can we see that in our living room?  The bickering and treatment of employees is another story.

BB14404SPD

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 16, 2015, 08:13:56 PM
Rumor on Facebook was Josh and Darren were FIRED.

Where on FB did you see this?

TUFCAT

search for John Rose. I'm friends with him on FB.

polywideblock

Quote from: twodko on February 16, 2015, 08:43:41 PM
Way too much contrived drama and not enough real restoration. Mostly bullshit.  :Twocents:

:iagree:  :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

moparnation74

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 16, 2015, 09:19:11 PM
search for John Rose. I'm friends with him on FB.
Where is the infamous CRESTON!  I am sure he will shed some light here :popcrn:

472 R/T SE

Darin was on Facebook mentioning how screwed up it was that the heart & soul of GYC was just run off.

He was trying to rally the troops into making life hard on Mark it sounded like.   :shruggy:

Thing is, Woman most likely has a desk that's stacked full of resumes from qualified bodymen who wouldn't mind working on the low side of scale simply for the fact they get their mug on TV.

Perhaps Velocity stepped in & said that more work needed to be done & less grab ass.  Maybe even Woman's been told, "Hey, we have some body & paint folks that our latest survey says the consumer wants to see these type work with someone like you...we'd like for you to hire them.  It's gonna help ratings."   /Velocity

RUSTY CHIEFTAN

Yes alot of shop drama but thats the way most body shops are in  real life.

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

1974dodgecharger

I don't understand the problem Graveyard cars restores the BEST cars in the business each car mark restores sells upwards to 500k or more......

Ghoste

73rallye440magnum

Quote from: RUSTY CHIEFTAN on February 16, 2015, 11:57:41 PM

Not in my experience, and I was working on six and seven figure cars.

Like others have said, too much fabricated drama, not nearly enough work.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

moparnation74

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on February 17, 2015, 07:33:26 AM
Quote from: RUSTY CHIEFTAN on February 16, 2015, 11:57:41 PM

Not in my experience, and I was working on six and seven figure cars.

Like others have said, too much fabricated drama, not nearly enough work.
This was not in my experience as well. 

Ghoste

Maybe if they didn't try to these shows were "reality" it would be easier to watch.  I have yet to see GYC but when I do I think I'll just go in with the attitude that I know it's scripted and even though the car and the shop are real and the actors are playing themselves, it's fiction.
If I can be within earshot when my kids are watching Kardashians and not push an icepick into my temple then I know I can sit through GYC.  :icon_smile_big:

jaak

My favorite 'car show' to watch is Southwest Rod and Customs (swrnc) channel on Youtube. Now be warned if the 'f-bomb' offends you, that word is used several times per episode. Anyway, at one point, he had so many subscribers and was so popular on Youtube, Discovery Channel contacted Pete about making a reality show. He agreed and they came to his shop to start filming. He said after filming 3 episodes, he ran them off. He said all reality tv is fake (which we all know that), he said during the day while filming he had to do all the acting and fake stuff, then when filming finished, he had to bust his ass all night to catch up on his work, so the cars looked like they were 'progressing' through the episode.

Jason

mopar4don

I think It's all a ploy to get more people to watch!

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 17, 2015, 02:09:37 AM
I don't understand the problem Graveyard cars restores the BEST cars in the business each car mark restores sells upwards to 500k or more......

They really don't though.  There is a reason they weren't known before the show, and you never see their work in magazines or being certified at Mopar Nats or MCACN.  They do nice restorations.  But they are far from the best.

sdweatherman

I totally agree - but its the drama (unfortunately) that brings in the highest viewership. I would love it if it was a straight restoration show - but the ratings would not be there to keep it going.
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: sdweatherman on February 17, 2015, 01:14:56 PM
I totally agree - but its the drama (unfortunately) that brings in the highest viewership. I would love it if it was a straight restoration show - but the ratings would not be there to keep it going.

How is it that the majority of us complain about the drama, but the few think that the drama sells. I am not an algebra whiz ,but that don't add up.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hawkeye

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on February 17, 2015, 01:25:48 PM
Quote from: sdweatherman on February 17, 2015, 01:14:56 PM

How is it that the majority of us complain about the drama, but the few think that the drama sells. I am not an algebra whiz ,but that don't add up.
I think you need to look at the demographics of the show's viewers.  Most middle aged white guys have no interest in a bunch of fake drama.  Just the facts, Jack (or Mark as the case may be).   :Twocents: