News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

has the world gone crazy ,charger prices

Started by 73chargers4404, March 26, 2006, 10:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

Man have people just whent fucking nuts ,i found this 68 at local resto shop and it looked like a parts car it was missing the hood ,fenders,engine ,2wheels, dash all left of inside ,the floor pans where gone nothing left,truck pan was gone .both quarters rust, rocker panel rusted ,well i call the guy for two months and then he calls me and says ill take 3grand for it ,car looks like it should go for 300 not 3 grand in non carzy world,id say at most a grand .

Big Lebowski

Yep, the World has gone totally Nucking Futs!!!
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Telvis

Yep, prices are pretty high..It's getting harder and harder for the average guy to own one. i think the deals are still out there. You just have to look a lot harder to find them.

derailed

Quote from: Telvis on March 26, 2006, 10:26:34 PM
Yep, prices are pretty high..It's getting harder and harder for the average guy to own one. i think the deals are still out there. You just have to look a lot harder to find them.
:iagree:   I also think sometimes what people are asking and what they actually end up getting are 2 different stories.

6670charger

I agree.   Barrett-Jackson has done nothing to help the cause of the regular guy, either.  Oh, the cars being auctioned are very nice, but, it makes everybody out there with ANY collector car think that if they have something that is even halfway decent, it is worth $50K and up.  Then you get the snowball effect on down.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

69 OUR/TEA

66charger,I also agree that B-J is taking the musclecar hobbie away from the average guy.You get 2 or more well off people fighting for a car,that don't care about overspending by thousands,staring at eachother with their egos in place,now set the market ?Then everyone back home says "I have one of those,so thats what mine is worth !". It better be just as nice or nicer and well documented to fetch that dollar,and even at that,if you brought yours there does not mean you will get the same result.Also,it is a no reserve auction,how do you know that the owner was not happy with the outcome price,and bought it back .Therefore,what you think sold for $100k or more is actually going back to the owner,but was portrayed as a record sale!! I fully understand the rise in musclecar prices,because they are few and far between,but when new cars ,trucks and suv's are $30,$40,$50k that go down in value,why would'nt you spend somewhere near that on a car that will only go up for you.Provided the condition and quality of it is upscale.Especially the charger,having tv and movie spotlights like it has had.

69 OUR/TEA

Here is an old pic of my charger when I bought it in 1998,and a present pic of what state it is in now.It was a very nice running and driving 69 r/t that had just been painted,new top,windshield,front seat covers and buns,rims,tires,exhaust,and rechromed bumpers on an all original sheetmetal 74k mile body,p.s. p.d.b.,tinted glass,six way driver seat,rocker molding,rear defrost,B5 blue with B7 interior.Even back then I knew it was a steal for what I paid,and now I see ones like it needing a total resto and worse off going for more than I paid.Being that I do body and paint,as most body men,I could not have someone else's paint job.Whoever did the body and paint,by my standard,was terrible.They left alot of small ripples that could have been blocked out to do a real nice job.You will be seeing pics in the paint and body section as progress continues.

69charger2002

what's funny is if you stole that car in 1998.. then the way it sits now even disassembled and in primer.. it's probably STILL worth more than you paid as it sits! lol. that's a good feeling to know no matter what you do to it, you can't lose money..
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

limey

That is the benefit, you can justify putting money into your ride, because it isn't just going down the pan. It is actually an investment. Not great if (like me) you are trying to get back to being a charger owner...or a first time owner even...

For the Majority of people on the board its a good thing....the parts for Mopars are always gonna cost manmy times more than for a comparable motor from Ford or GM....its good if you actually get a return on it.!
Limey ;)
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Sinister68

Would someone please invent a time machine?!?!   :icon_smile_big:  ;D  :icon_smile_big: ;D
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Big Lebowski

Quote from: Sinister68 on March 27, 2006, 08:40:59 PM
Would someone please invent a time machine?!?!   :icon_smile_big:  ;D  :icon_smile_big: ;D

Ya, I'd go to Woodstock then to a Dodge dealer to get a Hemi Charger
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

WM23N1

I dont know whats worse, some fool asking $30,000 for a 318 third gen or some teenager offering you 200 bucks for a mostly complete rust free second gen.
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

Brock Samson

WM23N1 Damn yourrear  tires are tiny in the sig. pic..   :o

adauto

I kinda agree w derailed, prices are up, but alot of cars that are on the sites (carson line, autabuy, ect) are on there for a LLOONNGGG Time!
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

WM23N1

Quote from: Stratocharger on March 27, 2006, 10:50:16 PM
WM23N1 Damn yourrear  tires are tiny in the sig. pic..   :o
is this better?
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

Nacho-RT74

Ok, Yes, ppl is crazy... a week ago a guy offered $20K ( yes US$, no local money ) for my 74... HE IS NUTS...  :icon_smile_dead:

But don't worry, here on the board there are members that sell some new and mostly used parts also crazy and getting up prices for ourselfs...  :-\

You will notice how frequently, enemy is in our home  ::)

If you take more money to restore your charger buying expensive parts to replace damaged or just get a better and accurate rebuilt job, of course an ended project will be more expensive and if sell, will be COMPLETE nut price... is a circle, that will make more expensive parts and go on, go on, go on...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mike DC

I agree.   For all these rediculous prices, at least we're getting redicluously well-done cars these days. 

------------------------------------------------

One modern coat of paint or rustproofing will probably last two or three times longer than the original stuff.  Not to mention looking a lot better.  The factory's O.E. paint from the 1960s was arguably "semi-gloss" in finish, not to mention the drips & runs.

We've got street-legal 440s making horsepower numbers that the NASCAR Hemis struggled to make in the 1960s.  And they idle better.

At the same time we've also made the cars more tolerable to live with than ever (and that's practically a conflicting set of goals).  Overdrive gears, decent insulation, electronic ignition, disc brakes, even EFI on some cars.  And let's not even talk about the wiring problems these things had in stock shape . . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We're taking old bodies and building modern cars out of them.  Modern cars cost $25,000 even when they've got mass-production to spread out the costs.  No wonder musclecar restorations cost $35K now.