News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wavering vibration still there

Started by motoreese, January 04, 2015, 01:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motoreese

I have be a brand new drive shaft and rear yoke, vibration is 90% gone but still there. Will the wrong size drives side engine mount bolt do it? I feel it mainly in the gas pedal and under my butt.

motoreese

Hello Everyone, for those that have ben following me here is an update!
I had a new drive shaft mad at Phoenix Rack and Axle Inc, and it fixed a lot of it. I tore the rear diff apart and replaced the ring and pinion and all the bearings. testdrove it and its definately better but i could feel it coming from the front. I replaced the drivers side engine mount bolt for the correct one and the vibe has subsided quite a bit. Still a slight vibration but i am geting closer to the remidy! I am going to check the centering of the fan. it looked a litle off, the harmonic balancer is brand new but is it posible to have the wrong one? I changed the flex plate but not the torque converter as i know they are balanced differently.

so this is where I am at now!

Thank you for the positive input!