News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 R/T SE Parts Car.... What's It Worth?

Started by tipopiola, February 15, 2015, 04:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tipopiola

Hey guys, a local just approached me with an offer to buy a '69 R/T SE parts car that he has had stored on his property for many years.  It's a complete and titled car, but has had a tree fall on the roof and since it's been sitting outside in Minnesota for the last 25 years I'm assuming most of the sheet metal is toast.  The original 440 blew up 30 years ago and he put a 383 in it.  Still has the 727 automatic and everything else.  Looks like the interior (green) is all there too.  Just wondering what you guys think this might be worth.  I know it's hard to tell much, all I've seen are the pics that he just texted me.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated!  THANKS!

tipopiola

Couple more....

Cncguy

Not sure what its worth. I can see that car being save though.  It looks to have power windows even.

Pat1973charger

tan top

Quote from: Cncguy on February 15, 2015, 04:17:05 PM
Not sure what its worth. I can see that car being save though.  It looks to have power windows even.

:yesnod:  looks like rear window defogger , think I can see the leaver  :scratchchin:  & power drums   ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

chargerman69

fy469rtse

loaded car , very rare options all in one ,
it would be very low numbers with these options , dont mess around , get a trailor , folding stuff and go get her, i wish i could :popcrn:

moparnation74

Sounds like you will acquire it for a good price based on his response of, Parts car/tree fell on roof.

What was the offer?

If the rest of the car is solid it's restorable!

Challenger340

Agreed, an R/T SE car and nicely optioned. A TON in parts if you so choose..... or restoration value  $8-10 K ????
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Dmichels

Work backwards
what is the restored value?
how much will it cost for a full resto?
Subtract and that it what it is REALLY worth.
Base your offer off that hopefully with a profit for you as you put up the $$$ to fix it
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Dmichels on February 15, 2015, 07:47:13 PM
Work backwards
what is the restored value?
how much will it cost for a full resto?
Subtract and that it what it is REALLY worth.
Base your offer off that hopefully with a profit for you as you put up the $$$ to fix it
Dave

that's a good way of putting it...

fy469rtse

That roof is fixable , ESP now with the replacement sheet metal available,
Don't wait too long,
I would love to do this car , nice colour too if that's original,
Not the worst starting point that's been on here,
Best part car is complete  :Twocents:

Stegs

id buy it and restore it. If its a true R/T S/E, they are few and far between

Buy and restore...do not part out!

tipopiola

Thanks for all the feedback guys.  I'm looking forward to getting out there to look at it, getting the snow off of it, and seeing just how much of the car is useable.  I was thinking I could use a parts car, but if it's too nice, then I might have a pretty complete project to pass on to someone who needs a project.

Ghoste

If you can get fender tag info for the registry that would be cool too.  ;) ;) ;) :icon_smile_big:

TUFCAT

Front floor is gone based on the photos...and by the looks of things let's say *all floors* including trunk are gone.  Its also given up some grille parts and drivers door panel (no biggie there).  But if you can get it cheap enough....you might get very lucky!

F8-4life

Looks like a parts car, trunk/floors/tailpanel/roof/quarters are all toasted.
Rear rails may be weak or rotted, no grill.
Ask him what he expects to get out of the car, and see were it goes.
Worth maybe 3,000 give or take a 1000 either way depending on rust issues.

skip68

I'd say $3,500-$5,000 based on what I can see.   Good luck.   :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

tipopiola

Well, the owner called me this afternoon and made me an offer.  Sounds like he wants to trade the R/T SE to me for an old AMF Harley shovelhead motor.  I've got about 6 complete shovelhead motorcycles right now, along with a bunch of other old Harleys and Triumphs.  I can pick up those 70's-80's shovelhead motors for about $1000 any day of the week.  Sounds like I better go for it!  He also said he's got the other fender and he thinks he's got the grill to.

Ghoste

TUFCAT

YES, DO IT NOW! ~  (...before he changes his mind)!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

fy469rtse

would you like help,
:lol: if we can just swing past my house on the way home  , might be best left at my place , just for safe keeping heh

Cncguy

F8-4life

73rallye440magnum

I was going to say to offer $1000. You $6k-$8k guys are nuts!  :nana:
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

Old Moparz

Is it actually owned by the guy offering it to you? You stated it was stored on his property so it almost sounds as though he is just trying to get rid of it. As long as there is a clear title, or depending on the state, a transferable registration, swapping something for it with no outlay of cash is a no brainer. Taking possession of it without a title could be trouble later on. It may still be worth swapping if there isn't a title but you better get some paper work of the trade with it in case it comes back to bite you later.   :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TUFCAT

Oh yes definitely! ....get that title transferred before the cash gets cold in your palm! 

Step one:  Buy
Step two:  Get a signed title
Step three: Transfer title immediately - even if you have to drive an hour and take time from work!  :yesnod:

Pat1973charger

I say go for it, if you check out my thread you see how much less I have to work with to restore and no fender tag to even know how it was optioned. For $1000 that's a killer deal title or not but be sure to get it along with a bill of sale.i just went through the no title process and it was a PITA!

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

tipopiola

Quote from: Old Moparz on February 17, 2015, 12:34:08 PM
Is it actually owned by the guy offering it to you? You stated it was stored on his property so it almost sounds as though he is just trying to get rid of it. As long as there is a clear title, or depending on the state, a transferable registration, swapping something for it with no outlay of cash is a no brainer. Taking possession of it without a title could be trouble later on. It may still be worth swapping if there isn't a title but you better get some paper work of the trade with it in case it comes back to bite you later.   :Twocents:

Definitely, yep, it's owned by the guy offering it up to me.  My stating that it was "on his property" was my way of saying that it has been stored outside all this time.  Figured that'd play a HUGE part in the current value of the car, whether it's restorable or a crusty parts car.  Windchill here is about -36 degrees right now and it's covered in snow.  Gotta wait a little bit to go take a closer look at it.  I know it's in really rough shape and the floors are toast, but there's some decent stuff in there, especially if he's got the grill and other little odds and ends.  I've been through the titling process MANY times with vintage Harleys and other cars that didn't come with titles.  This one will be a piece of cake since it actually comes with a title already  :2thumbs:.

Old Moparz

Quote from: tipopiola on February 18, 2015, 09:12:54 AM
Quote from: Old Moparz on February 17, 2015, 12:34:08 PM

Definitely, yep, it's owned by the guy offering it up to me.  My stating that it was "on his property" was my way of saying that it has been stored outside all this time.  Figured that'd play a HUGE part in the current value of the car, whether it's restorable or a crusty parts car.  Windchill here is about -36 degrees right now and it's covered in snow.  Gotta wait a little bit to go take a closer look at it.  I know it's in really rough shape and the floors are toast, but there's some decent stuff in there, especially if he's got the grill and other little odds and ends.  I've been through the titling process MANY times with vintage Harleys and other cars that didn't come with titles.  This one will be a piece of cake since it actually comes with a title already  :2thumbs:.

I know you said it's cold, but that's not a good enough excuse. Why are you still here? :shruggy:

:lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry