News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

JANAK PLEXI BACKLITE , ANYONE ?

Started by daytonalo, February 05, 2015, 02:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

CURIOUS IF ANYONE A JANAK COMPLETE DAYTONA KIT AND DECIDED NOT TO USE THE PLEXI REAR WINDOW WHICH IS GARBAGE . I NEED ONE NO TEST FIT MY FIBERGLASS PLUG IN ORDER TO PROCEED MAKING A 1/2 THICK STEEL EXACT DUPLICATE PLUG IN ORDER TO MAKE ATLEAST ONE STEEL PLUG MAYBE MORE .
AGAIN NEED A DAYTONA PLEXI BACKLITE  SOLD FROM JANAK.

Larry

daytonalo

I just confirmed it with Allen @ AMD they are very close to releasing Daytona Tempered Backlite as well as mouldings , price point similar to Superbird . Very good news .

odcics2

Is it correct to assume the janek rear plexiglas is flat, with not a hint of the correct bubble look?    :shruggy:

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

500Jon

Hi Greg and Daynatelo.

Nope its exactly like the real glass, as I have one here!
Was gonna use it in my C500 clone, but I missed out on the car...
Got my eye on a 70 Charger now, I might do a Dayclowna instead?

5J
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

odcics2

Quote from: 500Jon on February 08, 2015, 11:28:19 AM
Hi Greg and Daynatelo.

Nope its exactly like the real glass as I have one here!
Was gonna use it in my C500 clone, but I missed out on the car...
Got my eye on a 70 Charger now, I might do a Dayclowna instead?

5J

Hey John -  I guess I was thrown off by the "it's garbage"  wording above by the OP.      :shruggy:

So, it's not that bad then???  And perhaps quite exact?

Greg

Johnny Daytona

Curious on how you are shaping the plate to make your mold and what is your pattern?
70 daytona clone, still building it<br />53-392 hemi stude chop top starlight cp<br />66 corvette cp My daily driver

Johnny Daytona

70 daytona clone, still building it<br />53-392 hemi stude chop top starlight cp<br />66 corvette cp My daily driver

Charger-Bodie

I'm told that they have the bulge ,but not much sun time and it goes flat.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

graybo

I bought one from Janak.  I put it in place and it actually looks really good. Nice curve and fits perfect.  I have not installed it nor has it seen sunshine yet.  I was told by Ted J that it is some kind of Polymere?  Looks like lexan to me?  But I can't find nor want to pay the price for real glass....so I guess it depends on what you are building.  I think my TJ plastic rear glass will be fine for my CLONE.   :2thumbs:

daytonalo

If you going thru the trouble to install a plug ( yea its a fiberglass one ) you can in a short time buy a tempered Daytona backlite from AMD for 1500 or if your on a budget get a lamented backbite for 800 . what ever you do leave the plastic backlite for a race car . What is your plan for mouldings ? 

odcics2