News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tony's making repro vent window frames

Started by green69rt, February 19, 2015, 08:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

Just saw in the June 2015 issue of MA that Tony's parts will be making repros of 68-70 B-body vent window frames.  Another part for our cars I hope!!  I couldn't find it on the web site.

Just 6T9 CHGR

wow love to see how those turn out & what the price will be!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Daytona R/T SE

$545

I suspect they're the same ones imported from China by P&G  :Twocents:

bill440rt

Tony's vent window are not complete assemblies, they are only certain pieces: the pot metal A-pillar frame, the lower vent window channel that the glass is set into, the lever, and the little glass pivot and screw. You have to re-use the rest of your vent window pieces: vertical stainless channel, glass, hardware, etc. So, the $545 just gets you the pot metal parts.

I do not believe they are the same as BE/A's, from what I read Tony was developing them on his own, & went thru several "stages" before he felt they were right. Did BE/A's ever become reality?  :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

green69rt

$545!!  Well, I guess if you need them then you don't have much choice if you can't find good used ones.

Dmichels

It cost me $1200 to have my pot metal frames re chromed $545 is cheap
68 440 4 speed 4.10

bill440rt

Quote from: Dmichels on February 20, 2015, 08:26:51 PM
It cost me $1200 to have my pot metal frames re chromed $545 is cheap

:yesnod:

I had a set done by a lower priced chrome shop and they were still $500 to do the pair. That's going back a good 6 years or so, too.
So yeah, $545 isn't that bad.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Mike DC

QuoteSo yeah, $545 isn't that bad.

. . .  assuming the chrome on the repros is much longer-lasting than Chinese repro chrome normally is.  

bill440rt

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 21, 2015, 11:23:12 AM
QuoteSo yeah, $545 isn't that bad.

. . .  assuming the chrome on the repros is much longer-lasting than Chinese repro chrome normally is.  

That is a concern, but yes an assumption.
I haven't had to replace repop parts due to failing chrome....  yet.
My biggest concern would be poor fit or appearance compared to OE. However, Tony's has been known to repop some very high quality parts lately, so I'm on the optimistic side. He also recently revamped the "070" fan clutch face for a correct appearance.
I'd like to see how these vent frame pieces fit before taking the plunge. My '68 could use a set, I was planning on having the originals rechromed but this could be a viable option.