News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Body colored grill surround?

Started by bull, February 11, 2015, 09:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnation74

:down: :eek2:
Dodge got it right the first time.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on February 11, 2015, 11:29:17 PM
Quote from: bull on February 11, 2015, 09:58:22 PM
What do you think of this?

It looks like shit.

:iagree: :iagree: X2

Also that red 69 Charger on the magazine cover earlier in this thread, WTF!!! Along with the painted grille, that white racing stripe is hideous :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

hatersaurusrex

When one chrome body part is painted and the rest are left, it instantly makes it look like a rattle can job, even if it's not.

One more vote for 'looks like shit'
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

TUFCAT

If correctly done on a custom built Charger,  yeah it could be pulled off well.

I prefer cars that are restored to 100% stock,  but I also appreciate some very nicely done pro-touring custom rides -  for a change of pace.  :icon_smile_cool:

So if done correctly, who knows?  :shruggy:  .....I might dig it  (on the right car)  :D

green69rt

Yeah, I'l keep mine stock.  Interesting but no cigar!!

garner7555

69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Wicked72

I like alot actually. To me it adds a bit to the car and makes the grill stand out a little more. I dont really see how it looks ricer. I dont see any Jesus hands or Pepboys magnetic flames on the fenders so how does it look bad? I know different is scary but when its done clean it gets a more protouring race car look. but hey that my  :Twocents:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Patronus

I dont really like it on the '68. But on the '69, I'd like to see some more pics. It is different, plus if your chrome is shot you could just paint it. And anything to save another $350 is ok in my book.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Corey Dean

Quote from: cdr on February 11, 2015, 10:18:47 PM
i did the chrome around the grill car color black

I don't think it looks all that bad. To each their own. A lot of time, money and effort are put into our cars, nothing wrong with doing it the way you want.

BTW, that is a sweet looking car CDR.

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Lennard

Quote from: Corey Dean on February 14, 2015, 11:30:13 PM
I don't think it looks all that bad. To each their own. A lot of time, money and effort are put into our cars, nothing wrong with doing it the way you want.
Ofcourse it is to each their own, but the topic starter asked: What do you think of this?
So then you will get positive and negative feedback! :pity:

ACUDANUT

I did the same thing on my 70. I like it. Who cares what others think.

moparnation74

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 15, 2015, 10:49:44 AM
Post a Pic, So we can see

Ghoste

ACUDANUT

Quote from: moparnation74 on February 15, 2015, 08:04:34 PM

Only if you help me post a picture here. I am a idiot trying to take a picture, download it, send it to another site, just to post it on here with more loop holes. :brickwall:

Ghoste

Do you have any on your computer as now?

Corey Dean

Quote from: Lennard on February 15, 2015, 05:13:31 AM
Quote from: Corey Dean on February 14, 2015, 11:30:13 PM
Ofcourse it is to each their own, but the topic starter asked: What do you think of this?
So then you will get positive and negative feedback! :pity:

I was speaking to the topic/question asked by the poster. Not member responses.

ACUDANUT

moparnation74

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 16, 2015, 11:07:57 AM
Quote from: moparnation74 on February 15, 2015, 08:04:34 PM

Only if you help me post a picture here. I am a idiot trying to take a picture, download it, send it to another site, just to post it on here with more loop holes. :brickwall:
Send the picture to my email in my profile and I will post it.

ACUDANUT

I'll take a pic or two, just give me a couple of days.  It's 10 degrees outside and my Barn is just as cold.  :brickwall:

moparnation74

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 16, 2015, 10:16:57 PM
I'll take a pic or two, just give me a couple of days.  It's 10 degrees outside and my Barn is just as cold.  :brickwall:
No problem, whenever you get a chance

TUFCAT

Don't you have any pictures at all acudanut? 

ACUDANUT

Yes on 3x5 photos printed the old fashion way (35mm) camera.  I live in Kansas (set your watch back 30 years)

XH29N0G

If you still have a disk drive, you can insert the photo and press the upload button. 

Works better than a slice of bologna
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

TUFCAT

He knows how to get onto the internet and post...so its not totally "30 years ago". :icon_smile_wink: