News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hellcat Charger hits 200mph barrier

Started by kokxville, February 08, 2015, 04:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

Not many domestics have been capable of hitting 200. In fact I don't think any could have yet.  Most drivers rarely go over 100, I've had my 69 charger up to 140 before, an 82 mustang to 135, 2004 svt cobra to 140, 2010 challenger to 135, stealth to 165 (its geared to hit 204). 

There are plenty of opportunities to test top speed,  but the risks are astronomical if caught or if something goes awry.  I get tempted every time I drive home to see the parents, I-10 is way too flat, way too straight, and has tall pines blocking the view of cops on both sides of highway and in the median.  Air resistance will stop almost every car out there from hitting 200, I've usually found where each of my cars runs into strong resistance, the stealth would feel like it was pressed to the ground but would slip through.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Dino

Quote from: UH60L on February 10, 2015, 04:16:59 PM

If I win powerball this week, there will be big news coming out of FCA in a few months...   :D

(how much would it cost to become the majority shareholder?...)

A lot more than the winning powerball ticket.   :pity:   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

jdiesel33

Quote from: Lord Warlock on February 10, 2015, 04:12:29 PM
I chose it over a 3000GT solely because it had the R/T badge.  I test drove one of each the stealth turbo and the Mitsu VR4, same color, same miles on the same day, tried to negotiate a price on the VR4, they wouldn't budge so walked out drove to dodge, looked at new 94s but were too expensive, as I was leaving the used lot had a teal blue turbo sitting out front, I walked in and paid their price, never looked back.  I did get some grief from the loan company who gave me the loan as I had been preapproved for a new car, not a used one.  worked it out though, and drove the stealth daily for 9 years and 100k miles, it still sits out back parked outside the garage the charger sits in (there is room inside for the stealth but I prefer the space to work on the charger more.  

To this date, it was the fastest car I've ever driven. Me and my dad did a high speed run in it the week after I bought it, way out of town, took it to 165 and still had 1000 rpm to go. Think it would have done 175 if had enough road. Today with bigger turbos, new engine, better exhaust and catback and a crapload more boost, it'd probably go 200 if I had the balls to go that fast again.  its one of the reasons I won't give it to my daughter who needs a car now, she was in a car seat when I drove that car.

Great story and great color on that car. The fastest car I've driven (since my Charger isnt running yet) was my 1992 Teal Eagle Talon TSI Turbo. Wicked little 4 cylinder. Got up to 142 with about 1500 rpm left and ran out of road like you. I wish I still had that thing.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

Ghoste

The Viper hit 200 a few years ago, not sure if the super Vettes have yet or not?

UH60L

Quote from: Dino on February 10, 2015, 04:34:36 PM
Quote from: UH60L on February 10, 2015, 04:16:59 PM

If I win powerball this week, there will be big news coming out of FCA in a few months...   :D

(how much would it cost to become the majority shareholder?...)

A lot more than the winning powerball ticket.   :pity:   :lol:

I don't know, it's at $500,000,000.00 for tonight's drawing...   :drool5:

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: charge69 on February 08, 2015, 06:35:07 PM
That is one badazz Charger!  I am tempted to buy one of these but, I would have to sell my 1969 Hemi to get the money and also, appease my wife!  Gotta think my funky old 1969 would be the right choice.  Oh well ! I will try to find a way to get one of the modern Hellcats also !!  For sure, a Charger !

put an overdrive trans  or 276 gears and your Hemi should do that speed with a little help
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser