News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will 325/50-15 tires with 5.5 bs fit on a 68?

Started by 70-500-SE-EXPORT, March 05, 2015, 09:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70-500-SE-EXPORT

Im looking to buy wheel Vintiques mopar cop wheels and installing 325/50-15 tires on my 68 with SS springs. They are only available with 5.5 backspace. I've seen others with these size tires on a 2nd gen but with 4.75 and 4.5 bs wheels. Anyone know if they will fit with 5.5 bs without hitting the springs? Thanks
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

Dino

I doubt they will clear the springs so a spacer may be in order.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

HPP

Measure how your current combo fits and write down all the specific distances you may be concerned about.

Then compare your combo dimensionally to the one you are after, add/subtract from measurements based on the new combo, and you can see where you may run into problems.

General 68

I run those rims (10", 5,5 bs) and 12/28-15 M/T Sportsman SR, Xhd springs. The 325 tire is about 3/4" wider than the 12" tire and mine rubs the finner fender a little som no I dont think it will work. 5" bs should fit netter but then you start gjetting close to the wheel opening lip.