News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Crossed to the "Dark Side" Once again..... :)

Started by maxwellwedge, February 09, 2015, 10:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwellwedge

Always liked them, it sold new near me, has the GM Canada Docs....and a lot of cool options......RS, Spoilers, Endura front bumper, Rally wheels. M22 etc. All matching and correct. Ordered the proper tires. Copo 427 Camaro....it's green, but I am good with green!
Apparently, only 8 known with the RS option.
They came standard with 4.10's.....should be a screamer!

Shakey

Troy

Awesome! There's a silver one local to me that I see a couple times per year. Color doesn't really matter!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

DAY CLONA

If your joining the Camaro ranks, that's the year and car to have!....NICE!

keith88

I just sold one to buy my charger ( mine was not a copo car) last year.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Beep Beep Dave

Every good amusement park as a kiddie section and now you do too :nana:

Congrats on the new machine Jim, which dealer sold it new?

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

maxwellwedge

Thanks all!  :cheers:

Dave - Addison sold it new.....I guess they did Chevrolet as well as Caddy's Pontiacs etc. back then.

tan top

Nice Camero  , MW  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:   :drool5:     stick shift too   :drive:  :coolgleamA: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

maxwellwedge

Need to straighten out the engine bay a little with proper plating etc.  - but here you go...

Shakey

In the title of the thread you mention "once again"...

What other non-Mopar cars do you own or have owned?  Tell us about them if you don't mind.

BTW - Back in the late '80's I used to have to deliver parts to the service/body shop at Addison Cadillac - getting the truck up the ramp to the second floor was a great way to hone my driving skills in tight spaces.   :yesnod:

A383Wing

amazed it still has the AIR tubes still in the manifolds

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Shakey on February 10, 2015, 09:29:51 AM

In the title of the thread you mention "once again"...

What other non-Mopar cars do you own or have owned?  Tell us about them if you don't mind.

BTW - Back in the late '80's I used to have to deliver parts to the service/body shop at Addison Cadillac - getting the truck up the ramp to the second floor was a great way to hone my driving skills in tight spaces.   :yesnod:

No - I don't mind.
Hey - Mopar is still my #1 by a mile....always has been.....but I like most of the cars from that era.
70 Boss 302 - Sold it
70 LS6 Chevelle Convertible  - Just sold it
67 Vette Coupe 427/435 - Still Have it
66 Vette Roadster 427 - Just got it

Mopar Nut

Nice and clean!

You had/have quite the collection!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

maxwellwedge

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Mopar Nut on February 10, 2015, 10:15:59 AM
Nice and clean!

You had/have quite the collection!

Yeah - I am way passed my marital limit! Lol!!

XP29J9B298249

Hey Jim ... one of my Car Dealer buddies told me the story of how he blew up at Brand New 427 '69 Camaro when he was 16...his father was the Sales Manager at one of the Toronto Chev Dealerships. He let Ronny take the car out for a romp, and they had to tow it back .... lol

His last name is Overland...if anyone here remembers the old man .... next time I see him I'll get the story again.

Scott

hemi68charger

Sum-bitch !!! A COPO Camaro !!!  Jim, you simply amaze me with the cars you have..............   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

Quote from: XP29J9B298249 on February 10, 2015, 11:02:41 AM
Hey Jim ... one of my Car Dealer buddies told me the story of how he blew up at Brand New 427 '69 Camaro when he was 16...his father was the Sales Manager at one of the Toronto Chev Dealerships. He let Ronny take the car out for a romp, and they had to tow it back .... lol

His last name is Overland...if anyone here remembers the old man .... next time I see him I'll get the story again.

Scott

Hey Scotty! I'm glad it wasn't mine! My numbers all look good. I wonder what color it was? I know there is a blue one here that was sold in Toronto as well. It has an ultra-rare option....Liquid Tire Chain or something like that. I know what it is....anyone else?  ;)

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 10, 2015, 11:04:05 AM
Sum-bitch !!! A COPO Camaro !!!  Jim, you simply amaze me with the cars you have..............   :2thumbs:

I'll trade ya!!    :lol:

maxwellwedge

For your reading pleasure......Here are the GM Canada docs on my car - I blanked out the name and the VIN......what a lucky thing GM Canada documented all the cars that came into Canada....and that they kept all the info. It has weeded out a lot of fake cars (and options) over the years. I wish Ma Mopar had their paperwork.......but it is harder to fake a Mopar.

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 10, 2015, 11:07:27 AM

You tryin' to call my bluff? I'll give the TA and raise you a Superbird............ Oh wait, I don't have one of those...........  :brickwall:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

maxwellwedge

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 10, 2015, 11:20:21 AM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 10, 2015, 11:07:27 AM

You tryin' to call my bluff? I'll give the TA and raise you a Superbird............ Oh wait, I don't have one of those...........  :brickwall:

I do! Lol.  AB - Just wanted to beat you to the punch my friend.  :cheers:  Hang on to that T/A (for a few more weeks) - they are cool cars!

maxwellwedge

Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 10, 2015, 11:06:44 AM
Quote from: XP29J9B298249 on February 10, 2015, 11:02:41 AM

Scott

Hey Scotty! I'm glad it wasn't mine! My numbers all look good. I wonder what color it was? I know there is a blue one here that was sold in Toronto as well. It has an ultra-rare option....Liquid Tire Chain or something like that. I know what it is....anyone else?  ;)

Street racers switched the system to bleach for burn-outs!

Shakey

Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 10, 2015, 11:06:44 AM
It has an ultra-rare option....Liquid Tire Chain or something like that. I know what it is....anyone else?  ;)

:shruggy:

Edit: OK, I did a search and now I understand.  Sounds good on paper but...

Shakey

Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 10, 2015, 10:10:24 AM

No - I don't mind.
Hey - Mopar is still my #1 by a mile....always has been.....but I like most of the cars from that era.
70 Boss 302 - Sold it

Very nice!   :yesnod:

The '67 must be Tri-Power - correct?

TUFCAT

familymopar

1968 Charger R/T 440 727
1971 Duster Pro-Street
2009 Challenger SRT8 6 Speed
2009 Jeep Cherokee SRT8

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Shakey on February 10, 2015, 03:33:40 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 10, 2015, 10:10:24 AM

No - I don't mind.
70 Boss 302 - Sold it

Very nice!   :yesnod:

The '67 must be Tri-Power - correct?

3 Holley's - No waiting!  :)

Beep Beep Dave

I found some pics I took in the late 1980's...sorry for the poor quality:

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

Beep Beep Dave

This was my first car, 1969 COPO...well not quite 1969 Camaro RS with a 350 2bbl. I bought it when I was 15 back in 1983.

Dave

1970 Charger R/T