News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Charger parts-WHEN???!!!

Started by KCBee, March 26, 2006, 07:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCBee

I mean these cars are 35 years old now.
Hardly any sheetmetal for us.
Is the market not big enough? I find that difficult to believe.
Geez, I swear if I had the capital, I would get some parts reproed.
For my Bee, Im either going to get metal off of a donor car(that sucks), or my bodyman better be good.
The bottom rear 1/4's are shot, as well as some of the trunk extensions.
Neither are being made.
I want to pull my hair out.
Well, maybe not, It may not come back. ;)

rt green

easy........www.rustrepair.com       they have stuff avalible
third string oil changer

NHCharger

Don't hold your breath. I doubt if we'll ever see repo quarters for our cars. Still plenty of good doors to be found for 71\72, just not up here in new england. I got some generic trunk extensions from auto body specialties (1-888-277-1960) for my 72 Charger. Lower quarters are not that hard to make for a good bodyman.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

hemihead

I think us 3rd Gen guys are mostly out of luck when it comes to repro parts, especially sheetmetal.The 2nd Gens are getting as common as Rustangs and Camaros and parts for them are getting cheaper too.If you do find anything for a 3rd Gen it will cost you your eye teeth.Just look at the price of a Pocket Bulge Hood or a Cut Out Valance.The guys that sell those will bend you over the hood while they are selling it to you.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

rt green

i'm telling you-  go to www.rustrepair.com     they have quarters ahd other stuff for 3rd gen chargers!!!
third string oil changer

Nupe

That link just shows the typical 73/74 stuff that has been available.  The quality isn't good and has to be modified extensively for a '71.  :icon_smile_dead:

What is really needed is a quarter without the side marker light hole so it can be used for '71 and '72.  At least a marker light graft wouldn't be that bad and it would cover 2 years.  The companies should be able to make a lot of money fast with how long people have been waiting for these parts.  :-\

'79 Lil'Red Express.

TruckDriver

Quote from: KCBee on March 26, 2006, 07:57:00 AM
I mean these cars are 35 years old now.
Hardly any sheetmetal for us.
Is the market not big enough? I find that difficult to believe.
:iagree:

I need a good trunk floor and I cant find one. And when I do, they want a arm & a leg for it :icon_smile_blackeye:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

rt green

i saw that, and i thought it was what you were looking for. sorry, just trying to help you out.
third string oil changer

ScottW

In the April issue of MCG (pg. 14) there is a small article with a pic on the release of new 71-74 lower rear qtrs by Auto Body Specialties.

You could check with them.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

NorwayCharger

Quote from: ScottW on March 26, 2006, 03:41:11 PM
In the April issue of MCG (pg. 14) there is a small article with a pic on the release of new 71-74 lower rear qtrs by Auto Body Specialties.

You could check with them.

Here u go..
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

twilt

The real question is do they have them?  For quite sometime, they have been advertising iitems that they really dont have.

TruckDriver

Quote from: twilt on March 26, 2006, 04:29:47 PM
The real question is do they have them?  For quite sometime, they have been advertising iitems that they really dont have.
:iagree:

When I called them about the trunk floor, They told me they were pushed back on the manufacturing. Ya Right ::)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!