News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need opinions

Started by terrible one, March 27, 2006, 12:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Alright guys. I need some opinions on what to do towards cars/money.

Instead of telling the whole story, I will leave it short. Today I found a '69 or so Pontiac Le Mans Sport. It has some rust issues. It is sitting on some Centerline aluminum racing wheels with smaller rims and tires in front, and bigger rims with bigger fat daddy tires in back. You guys know what I'm talking about. That 70's tilting forward stance. Gotta love it. Anyways I knocked on the door of the house it was sitting by and the guy said that he used to drag race it. He said it's got a 400 in it bored .040 over with forged rods and high comp pistons, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, edelbrock intake, holley street avenger, mallory ignition, and some headers. We went and looked at the car. Inside was a basic worn out interior with a huge Autometer tach, console shifter, and your normal water temp/oil pressure//voltage guages. I popped the hood, which was absolutly massacred (Was rotted out where hood pins presumably had been installed, and was like cut open and peeled back up front, which I assume was to get to the latch or something when it was stuck. Anyways it was pretty dirty under the hood. The guy said he would sell the car for $2,000, but I sense that if I showed up with $1,000-$1,200 cash he wouldn't turn me down. He said the car needed a battery to start.

Anyways, right now I have my '76 Cadillac Eldorado which gets about 6-8 mpg, and my Charger which currently has the 0.0L engine and a bunch of rust.

What I need opinions on is an idea of mine. I think that I could get this car for pretty cheap and use it as a driver for a bit, clean it up a bit, and flip it sometime down the road. I would have to make $1200 or whatever to buy it though. However, once this $1,200 is obtained and all, I could really use it for the Charger project.

My question is this: should I try to make the money and buy this car, and drive it around a bit, using it as a driver, then sell it off later, or should I forget about it and go full steam ahead, all money towards the Charger project?

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

derailed

IMO If your in it with the intentions of making money off it down the road I would leave it right where it is.  Hows the body around the window channels and is there any frame rot on the car. Check in front of the rear wheels and behind the front wheels on the frame real good. Doesnt sound like something you would run around in as a driver either

terrible one

No pics, didn't have the camera or anything.

derailed,

I'm not wanting to buy the car to make money, I'm wanting to buy it to drive for a while. I was commenting on the fact that I think that if I could sell it for as much or more than that would be best so taht I don't loose money on it.

derailed

Quote from: terrible one on March 27, 2006, 12:16:35 AM

What I need opinions on is an idea of mine. I think that I could get this car for pretty cheap and use it as a driver for a bit, clean it up a bit, and flip it sometime down the road. I would have to make $1200 or whatever to buy it though. However, once this $1,200 is obtained and all, I could really use it for the Charger project.

Oh ok, I just got the impression you were looking to make a buck off it to put into the charger. Im a pontiac guy myself. Sounds like it has a descent motor in it. What heads did it have on it.

Silver R/T

not sure on the value of those but I dont think you'd lose any money, might get some back if you fix it up a little
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

terrible one

Quote from: derailed on March 27, 2006, 12:44:12 AM
Quote from: terrible one on March 27, 2006, 12:16:35 AM

Oh ok, I just got the impression you were looking to make a buck off it to put into the charger. Im a pontiac guy myself. Sounds like it has a descent motor in it. What heads did it have on it.

Yeah, I see that it sounds that way. As said, what was really going on there was me telling myself that I wouldn't come out worse doing this.
The guy said it had Edelbrock aluminum heads on it, that's all I was told.

Brock Samson

i wouldnt open too many fronts... intill i could afford to...  :-\
but your young so there may be hope for ya yet..   :icon_smile_wink:

89MOPAR

Don't worry about it until you have the $1200 or the means to borrow it.

My buddy in highschool had a 70 LeMans Sport . A 350 car.  Raced him in my 318 '69 Charger 'cause he kept talking $hit.
Me and the Charger Won.  After that me and other buddy would call his car the " Le Meek" . 
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +