News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

break out the checkbook, superbird rear glass is here

Started by held1823, February 02, 2015, 08:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

JB400

Looks like they're just giving them away like anything else wing car. :o

daytonalo

Can anyone verify this Backlite ( that what's is called in the industry ) if this repo is  laminated garbage or  real deal Tempered ? If its laminated yawn as this has been around for some time much cheaper than 1500 . Mouldings seam cheap

Hemi Runner

Quote from: JB400 on February 02, 2015, 08:20:07 PM
Looks like they're just giving them away like anything else wing car. :o

What do you think the market for bird back glass is? 15 units, total, ever? I posted the name and number for a while back for a gentleman selling it. I think it was a third of that price.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: daytonalo on February 02, 2015, 08:57:48 PM
Can anyone verify this Backlite ( that what's is called in the industry ) if this repo is  laminated garbage or  real deal Tempered ? If its laminated yawn as this has been around for some time much cheaper than 1500 . Mouldings seam cheap

It's tempered glass as original with all the proper markings and date codes, just remember when they're gone, they're gone....limited run

oldcarnut

I asked about date codes/markings on one I bought a few years back I think it was around $500.  Never got any kind of confirmation but I'd like to see what their markings looked like.  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,115823.0.html

daytonalo

As Mike said its tempered. It took them 10 min to figure it out .Everyone here needs to call AMD and ask when is the Daytona backlite and mouldings come out . Maybe they will if enough people ask for it .

BS27ROB

Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2015, 01:01:59 PM
As Mike said its tempered. It took them 10 min to figure it out .Everyone here needs to call AMD and ask when is the Daytona backlite and mouldings come out . Maybe they will if enough people ask for it .
I called them earlier today and was told they have been approved for production and will be available in 3-4 months.

daytonalo

Interesting I asked about possible Daytona Backlite and or trim and they said no plans . Did you get a name and what are they planning on manufacturing ? 

BS27ROB

I didn't retain his name (I'm sure he probably said it when he answered) but when I asked about Daytona rear glass he mentioned they have it for the Superbird and then asked me to hold while he checked. When he got back on the line he said "good news" and told me what I posted previously and asked if I wanted to leave my name and number for a call when they are in. I hope we were talking about the same thing.

daytonalo

BS27ROB

I'm looking to replace the glass on my Daytona (scratches) so I didn't even ask about the trim.

C500

Quote from: daytonalo on February 04, 2015, 06:50:54 PM
Interesting I asked about possible Daytona Backlite and or trim and they said no plans . Did you get a name and what are they planning on manufacturing ? 

Mike Foster was the guy who confirmed to me Daytona/500 rear glass was in the works, that was earlier last year when we were posting about the topic last time  :2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

daytonalo

I just confirmed it with Allen @ AMD they are very close to releasing Daytona Tempered Backlite as well as mouldings , price point similar to Superbird . Very good news .