News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge Super Bowl ads

Started by UH60L, February 02, 2015, 12:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

So, I noticed that FCA (Fiat Chrysler America) used for one the Super Bowl Ads, a video they showed last year for their 100th birthday.  It's the one with all the older people making statements about life and such and an old guy burning out in a Challenger at the end (in the original he's flipping the bird out the window, but in this one he's giving a hang loose sign..).

So, I thought I'd check out Dodge's facebook page and see if they mentioned it or anything else.  They had posted several photos, some about that ad and some just imparting wisdom about things.

But the last one grabbed my attention.  For me, the irony is just dripping off of this picture...

JB400

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Nice ad, but I think they did forget about us.

1974dodgecharger

lmao....ok  ::)

they mind as called it the caravan came from the 2 door charger  :icon_smile_big:

VegasCharger

Did you notice that the above pic of the 69 Charger has a "Hemi" badge on the door but no "R/T" badge on the grille :shruggy:

Stegs

Quote from: VegasCharger on February 02, 2015, 06:57:18 AM
Did you notice that the above pic of the 69 Charger has a "Hemi" badge on the door but no "R/T" badge on the grille :shruggy:

and werent all white vinyl tops in 69 part of the "white hat special" or "dodge fever"??

moparnation74

That is the infamous XP hemi car.  The car Sheffi Keisler claimed he found and was restored on chop cut rebuild several years ago.

myk

What would Fiat know about Dodge history?

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: myk on February 02, 2015, 09:39:16 AM
What would Fiat know about Dodge history?

It was the Brand all their potential customers bought from instead?  :shruggy:

tcs69rt

NEVER, EVER FORGET.....well I guess they forgot that Chargers only had 2 doors.  :brickwall:

Ford and Chevy did not forget that Mustangs and Camaros only had 2 doors. :shruggy:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Stegs on February 02, 2015, 08:47:10 AM

and werent all white vinyl tops in 69 part of the "white hat special" or "dodge fever"??
No, they had several colors.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mike DC

QuoteNEVER, EVER FORGET.....well I guess they forgot that Chargers only had 2 doors.  brickwall

Ford and Chevy did not forget that Mustangs and Camaros only had 2 doors. shruggy

GM only sells a 2dr Camaro.  No 2dr Chevelle or Malibu or Monte Carlo these days.

Ford only sells a 2dr Mustang.  No 2dr Torino or Fairlane or Taurus.

Mopar sells a 2dr Challenger.  No 2dr Charger or or Magnum. 

Times have changed.  The market supports 2dr pony cars & compacts.  Any larger sedan is always a 4dr now.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

XH29N0G

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 02, 2015, 02:51:11 PM
QuoteNEVER, EVER FORGET.....well I guess they forgot that Chargers only had 2 doors.  brickwall

Ford and Chevy did not forget that Mustangs and Camaros only had 2 doors. shruggy

GM only sells a 2dr Camaro.  No 2dr Chevelle or Malibu or Monte Carlo these days.

Ford only sells a 2dr Mustang.  No 2dr Torino or Fairlane or Taurus.

Mopar sells a 2dr Challenger.  No 2dr Charger or or Magnum. 

Times have changed.  The market supports 2dr pony cars & compacts.  Any larger sedan is always a 4dr now.

Taurus??

OK, I see your point.  It just looks out of place in that list.  [Of course we had a 78 Malibu wagon (I think with the 95 hp 200 CI 6).  That car ran forever, but it needed forever to get up to speed.]
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

UH60L

Well, to be fair/honest:

GM sells a 2dr Camaro, and a 2dr Corvette.  Doesn't sell any Chevelle or Monte Carlo these days

Malibu was a version of a Chevelle, not it's own car until late '70s and then not a muscle car either

Ford only sells a 2dr Mustang.  Doesn't sell any Torino or Fairlane, not sure what a Taurus has to do with this...

Mopar sells a 2dr Challenger, and a 2dr Viper,  No 2dr Charger, and uh, Magnum was never a real muscle / sports car, and most recently a wagon...

UH60L

Also, to be fair, if I were a Chevy guy, I wouldn't be too happy with what Malibu and Impala have become.

Corvette was out of production in 1983, so the Mustang is the only car that I know of that has been in continuous production since the '60s.

Yeah, I know, Mustang II and the round styling in the '90s were not great, but perhaps the key to not forgetting what a car is/was is to keep the name in production.

For whatever reason it seems to work the stang...

moparjohn

Also notice, that this 69 Charger has the higher, pointed 68 dash pad.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Ghoste

I guess never ever forget where you came from is why Fiat split the pickups off into their own "brand" and called it the Ram division, dropped the Viper, brought the Viper back, made SRT a division then plastered SRT badges all over everything to the point they were forced to back away from having it be it's own "brand" and then in the ultimate display of knowing where "they" came from dropped the Pentastar.  (which the Germans had done before them but Cerberus brought it back)

myk

Guys, keep in mind that these ads and catch phrases are for people who actually DON'T know Mopar history.  If the ignorant masses can be CONVINCED that they're taking part in something historical and important by owning their products, then that's where their success lies, not being accurate and true to Mopar history as we know it...

Ghoste

Yes, well aware of it.  It doesn't lessen the impact on those of us do remember though.