News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ISO 2014 RT or SRT exhaust

Started by GoatRoper, February 03, 2015, 08:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoatRoper

:coolgleamA: :brickwall:
I bought a 2014 RT. Previous owner installed the bottom dollar Flowmaster cat back.
Sounds terrible!
Does anyone have take off exhaust for RT or SRT they will sell?

JB400

You'll be very lucky to find a exhaust system here.  You'd probably have better luck on the LX forum.  But, if I was in your situation, I'd look into getting the exhaust system from Mopar, unless you're looking to go back stock.

GoatRoper

What I truly want is just something better than this. The resonating at 70 is horrible. I literally just bought the car. If there is an affordable option available I'm all ears. Thanks

SnoPro440

I have the stock exhaust from a 2012 SRT-8 Challenger.  I have no idea if it will fit though.  It can be yours for $100.  I'm located just south of Minneapolis, MN.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

tcs69rt

IF SnoPro440 exhaust does not work. Look around this site =

http://www.challengertalk.com/

Good Luck!
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

wingcar

I just replaced the stock system on my SRT8 Challenger.  I need to point out that the stock system is basically one piece from the header pipe to one of the tail pipes, then there is a smaller pipe that connects the other tail pipe to the suitcase muffler.  (If that makes sense).  The point I am trying to make is that shipping will kill you, so you better look locally IF you want a stock system.   There are many after market systems out there to choose from, so do your home work...and don't take the manufacturers word for how loud their system is.....try and find someone local that has a system that you like sound wise...and ask for a drive just to make sure......just my  :Twocents:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

GoatRoper

thanks yall. I did fail to mention that I am in Houston. You would think it wouldnt be that hard to find a stock system near me. if I new which one of the 1500 possible locations had oneI could just go pick it up. Been wearin the numbers off my phone. May have to go aftermarket. The only one I am personally familiar with is a magnaflow system a guy has. Still $1200+ :pullinghair:

Ponch ®

Quote from: GoatRoper on February 04, 2015, 04:58:31 PM
thanks yall. I did fail to mention that I am in Houston. You would think it wouldnt be that hard to find a stock system near me. if I new which one of the 1500 possible locations had oneI could just go pick it up. Been wearin the numbers off my phone. May have to go aftermarket. The only one I am personally familiar with is a magnaflow system a guy has. Still $1200+ :pullinghair:

check the for sale sections in LXForums or Chargerforums.

The reason stock exhausts are hard to find is that most people just throw them out when they go aftermarket and practically can't give them away.  If you can't find one, post a "wanted" ad on there.

If you're going aftermarket, you're not gonna get rid of the drone issues unless you go with one of those $1500 systems from Borla, Corsa, etc. IMHO, theyre not even that impressive sounding.

You can get rid of the drone by shutting off the MDS in the 2005-2010 cars with a Diablosport Predator or InTune tuners, but as far as I know they don't work with the '11 and up cars.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West