News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A04 Fender Tag Code Question

Started by Moparmatty, March 25, 2006, 09:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparmatty

Does a car with an A04 code on the fender tag have to have all the options that are listed in Galen's white book?  Or do all the options in the A04 package have to also be listed separately on the fender tag for a car to have them?

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

Charger4404spd

No there not seperately on the fender tag.

Moparmatty

I've been decoding a tag for a friend with a 1970 V Code Runner.  And has never had all the options listed under the A04 code.  All of the options that the car does have out of the A04 package are listed on the tag.

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

Charger4404spd

I was confused. I was thinking of AO1. Yes the power steering, radio, power brakes and 3 speed wipers will be listed seperately.
http://richmondcountymopars.tripod.com/1969chargerregistry/id19.html

Moparmatty

That's what makes the A04 a confusing code.  The car I am decoding doesn't have power steering, power antenna or power windows all of which is part of the A04 package according to Galen's book.
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

Just 6T9 CHGR

Where are you seeing this A04 code on the tag?

If its on the second line from the bottom next to a 6 digit # this could also be the build date....

A04 would be an October 4th build date
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Moparmatty

Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada

tttaziz

Gallen's book is pretty general when it comes to the A04 package.  That package was offered on many MoPar models from 1969 to 1974.  Different models  included different equipment, but Galen just kind of lumps them all together.  Chargers, for example, did not include power windows in any year A04 package.  Power steering was always in the A04 package as was a base radio (which could be upgraded), but power steering (S77) would not be coded on the fender tag.

Moparmatty

As near as we can tell this car never had power steering.  But it may have been changed out very early on in life.  Thanks for all your help guys.
Matt Tebbutt
Ontario, Canada