News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2015 Houston Auto Show; classic car section

Started by hemi68charger, January 21, 2015, 11:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Monday I had the pleasure of taking the day off and heading down to NRG Convention Center to get my Challenger TA positioned for the 2015 Houston Auto Show. Needless to say, even in the middle of the day, Houston traffic sucks !!! But, the ole' TA performed flawlessly. Once there, guess what I pull up behind for the entry line, another Top Banana '70 Challenger T/A 4speed, but this one had a black vinyl top ( prefer mine without it ). 

Then, last night, my Sweety and I had a nice time at the VIP party at NRG Center for the kickoff of the 2015 Houston Auto Show. Every year they have a special classic car section by invitation only, so I am proud of the worthiness of my cars. Kim and I also saw Charles and Pam from the club... The party had great food, booze and desserts along with a country band (after all,, we're in Houston).
Also got us next to the Rubicon that Kim likes...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

hemi68charger

some more.
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

Some real nice 500KR's... twins with one a ragtop..
Troy

hemi68charger

What Kim would like to get..
Troy

John L

Wish I had known about that show, I would have planned an extra day for it. Just got back from my first trip to Houston, and yes the daytime traffic sucks. We went down to Bay City for 3 days of hunting. Weather was a nice change from Michigan. Some nice cars in the photos.

John

myk

lukedukem

I prefer no vinyl top on those also. Why is his hood look like a different texture of matte black?
And that jeep has a 6.4  :o

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

hemi68charger

Quote from: lukedukem on January 23, 2015, 07:10:09 PM
I prefer no vinyl top on those also. Why is his hood look like a different texture of matte black?
And that jeep has a 6.4  :o

Luke

Oh no... The 6.4 emblem was on a Challenger painted something similar to Citron Yellow..

I believe the proper texture of the hood is somewhere between mine and the other one. I think the finish on the other TA is a wee bit too flat...

Troy

triple_green

When I was restoring the 68's tail panel, the paint shoip tried to sell me a black paint mixture they said was correct and you were suppose to add sand to it to get the right texture. It looked kind of like that and didnt look right. too much texture and too flat.

There was enough of the old paint in tact that I knew it didnt look right. When I challenged them on it, they said well maybe it was for 70-71 models with black accent paint...I don't think so.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow they really got those cars packed in there!   The Yellow Rubicon would go nicely with the Challenger ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on January 24, 2015, 10:18:58 AM
Wow they really got those cars packed in there!   The Yellow Rubicon would go nicely with the Challenger ;)

That is a good sales pitch there Mr. Chris...
Troy