News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 speed trans crossmember same as auto?

Started by comet_666, January 19, 2015, 11:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Same question for the drive shaft, I think the drive shafts are the same but just checking on the transmission cross member.
I have done a few searches but didn't see 833 to 727 swap info?

ChargerST

For 1970 it's the same as the auto cross member - just gets turned around. 69 and earlier is different but you can modify the auto cross member for using with a 4-speed.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: ChargerST on January 19, 2015, 12:33:56 PM
For 1970 it's the same as the auto cross member - just gets turned around. 69 and earlier is different but you can modify the auto cross member for using with a 4-speed.

I modified my auto crossmember when i did the 4 speed swap. Took about 5 minutes.

comet_666

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: comet_666 on January 19, 2015, 05:42:07 PM
Cool, I'm going 4 speed to auto

For that you will need to get an auto crossmember . You can make an auto one a 4 speed one, but you would need to add parts to make an auto out of a 4 speed one.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

comet_666

Dammit
always something...
thanks for the info, I would have been  :brickwall:

six-tee-nine

Anyone have more info or pictures about the auto to manual conversion.
Reason is, I need a 4 speed crossmember but have nothing at all. I already passed on a few auto crossmembers for sale since I thought they werent interchangeable.

correct 69 B body 4 speed crossmembers are a unicorn over here so it seems.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Moparparts

70 crossmember is the same for automatic or 4-speed and has smaller bolt provisions then 69 & back. You mount the 70 crossmember the same way on either the auto or 4-speed because the correct original 70 4-speed trans will have a diffferent tail housing then a 69 and back, the mount provision is cast at a different location on that housing. I had the best of both worlds here a while ago it was cast with both mount provisions probably was a SOP