News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New rocker moldings!!

Started by Dreamcar, October 02, 2014, 08:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

Although I am far from installing them, I just got a new set of rocker panel moldings today! I found they were difficult to find, so when Tuffwheelrestoration.com / MCB performance had a set, I jump on it and bought them. My car had them from the factory, and in a few years, it'll have a nice set!
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

twodko

Nice score! Did you get raped on the cost?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Dreamcar

I dont think so...299.00 for the pair plus shipping.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Lord Warlock

My replacements didn't have the screw hole on one end like the originals did, and they were a lot more shiny, my originals never shined like the replacements do.  I always thought it was brushed aluminum or satin coated till I got the new ones which look like chrome.  I have to decide if I'm gonna bother sanding the originals smooth and buffing them shiny again or not.  Right now they're in the rafters. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Dreamcar

Quote from: Lord Warlock on January 15, 2015, 11:37:55 PM
My replacements didn't have the screw hole on one end like the originals did, and they were a lot more shiny, my originals never shined like the replacements do.  I always thought it was brushed aluminum or satin coated till I got the new ones which look like chrome.  I have to decide if I'm gonna bother sanding the originals smooth and buffing them shiny again or not.  Right now they're in the rafters. 

I hope your originals are in better shape than the one I had. Considering how they are made, it would have cost a fortune to have all the small dent knocked out and I still not convinced the wayviness would be gone. Reproduction was the best choice for me. If I decide, I can always get a screw hole punched in the repro.