News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bought A 1965 GTO Conv.

Started by ACUDANUT, January 11, 2015, 10:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Is this a solid investment ?. My Brother actually is buying it.  :popcrn:
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/4830311907.html

69CoronetRT

Very few classic cars are 'solid investments'.
Many of them are damn fun to own and drive.

That looks like a pretty fair price. Where in SW Iowa is the car?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

rt green

had a hardtop back in '78. there're great cars. the Pontiacs always handled better than anything else back then. investment? probably, but he just might want to keep it for good. I only sold mine for a charger.
third string oil changer

el dub

I'm pretty sure IIRC that 65's came with the 389 engine,.  I think the 400 came in 67, at least that's what was in mine.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

TUFCAT

Hard to tell from pictures but it looks like a nice car with potential. I like the color combo a lot.  For that price it will probably need a little TLC I'm guessing...

RJS

Can't all be documented as stated since a 400 started in 1967. Looks like a decent deal in those little pictures but I think you need to fully check everything including frame #'s with a seller that misinforms right in the write-up.
Ron

6bblgt

it's a PHS documented GTO convertible - it was originally 389 4-spd

it now has a 400 automatic drivetrain & WAG it has been color changed ----- nowhere does it say it is correctly/accurately "restored"

Ghoste

Seems like a nice car and a decent price.  As for investment, just drive it and have fun with it.  You aren't likely to lose big money with it but you likely won't put three kids through college with it in two years either, likely sell for about where you bought it. :Twocents:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 6bblgt on January 11, 2015, 03:08:50 PM
it's a PHS documented GTO convertible - it was originally 389 4-spd

it now has a 400 automatic drivetrain & WAG it has been color changed ----- nowhere does it say it is correctly/accurately "restored"

X2

el dub

Actually the add says "the real deal," which it's not.

RJS

Quote from: el dub on January 12, 2015, 01:51:59 PM
Actually the add says "the real deal," which it's not.

Thankyou!  Real deal insinuates that it is correct and can be proven by the offered up PHS documentation.
Guess it was just flipper jargon being spoken. :shruggy:

"It's a nice driver with color-change and drive-train change", but that opening line wouldn't bring in the money.
Ron 

ACUDANUT

My take it that the seller is saying it's the real deal (meaning, it's not a cloned out tempest or whatever) 

el dub

John_Kunkel

Neat car but I'd dump that accordion hose first thing.  
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ACUDANUT

TUFCAT

So did your brother buy it?  Let's see some pics.  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Yes. The only photo's I have so far, are in the link I provided at the top.
It's getting transported to his house cold/snowy area this Friday.  It runs great, but why risk it in these shitty weather conditions.

ACUDANUT

Looks like he finally took the add down. I wonder why he had up so long, after the sale.  :shruggy: