News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rare Castings- just make a replica?

Started by Roctania, January 18, 2015, 08:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roctania

I was wondering if these cars have any rare castings that are just impossible to find, yet similar to other factory castings that are easier to find.  Water pump, intake manifold, things like that.  Wondering if it would be possible to alter castings that are easily found into replica rare castings.  Not to fake or defraud, but to allow the car to look like it should, and have the right features and fitment.  The replica parts would be fairly easy to tell from a real part.

Or, is this just a Bad Idea, and No Good Can Come Of It ??

Ghoste

I can't think of any that can't be found?  :shruggy:

JB400

Did the 6 Pack Hemi manifold ever get mass produced?  I know 1 was made, but don't know if they became available for purchase.

Roctania

That would be tough to reproduce

Probably require a mold and a casting

I was thinking to just modify stock castings to function and look like less common castings.  Sounds like a no-go.

JB400

Cars up to around the early to the mid 60's had the fancy castings like what you're wanting.  By the time of our cars, most of the castings were just plastic or done away with.  I think the gas cap for a 2nd gen and some of the tail light trim was the only ones.