News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

First dead Hellcat

Started by Drache, December 21, 2014, 03:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Just a small fyi. When I had my stroked dual four barrel  526 hemi from FHO I checked the mpg one time on the way to a show. I got 17.6 mpg with it in a 4200 lb daytona clone. I wasnt running the crap out of it, but I wasn't babying it either.

That said. I think the hell cat engine is destined to become a legend as well.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1974dodgecharger

Power is power I'm sure a old school hemi say 572 pushing 700hp with a major overdrive unit like the hellcat can get 20mpg also.  Time to google to see what heat is 1:1 in the 8 and 6 speed.......to see comparison to a A833 I'm betting my 4th gear is like their 3rd gear....

Mike DC

The Richmond 6spd manual is a bad MoFo for overdrives - 0.50:1 ratio in the top gear. 

With a normal axle gear the real world cruising speed is pretty much unlimited.  It'll be under 2000 rpm even at 85 mph.     

500Jon

Hellcats for sale in the UK now!!!

£65,000 for 707 hp, seems a good deal for such a stonkin Mopar!!! :2thumbs:

I've been told I need 700hp to get my C500 over 200mph.......
Maybe I will see if any Hellcats get trashed here in England??? :slap:

5J
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

500Jon

64 miles, over here in the UK, its new for old under one year of age (vehicle).
Thats just put everyones insurance up a dollar or two ..............
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!