News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

50th REUNION

Started by charger207, January 12, 2015, 09:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger207

I want to open a discussion on a 50th Reunion location.  There was a straw poll over on the yahoo email group but it had low voting. probably due to the holidays.  The options were Carlisle Chryslers. Auburn Hills (site of the 45th), and Osage Beach (site of the 35th).  The edge went to Auburn Hills.  I will bet there will be many shows that highlight the First Gens and the Hemi in 2016.  Personally, I will attend wherever the reunion is and as many other shows as I can, including Carlisle...reunion or not.
But I was asked to inquire at Carlisle about any plans they have.  Here is the results I sent to Yahoo.

The results of the staw poll seeking a preferred reunion site for 2016 are complete.  The voting was low but the preference seemed to lean toward Auburn Hills.  Since I was asked to inquire about what Carlisle would offer I did contact them before the poll.  But they were closed for the Holidays. 
Yesterday I spoke with a representative and he seemed very interested in the idea that Carlisle could host the reunion.  While it is still early in their planning for 2016, he was already considering a special event to commemorate the 50th year of the street Hemi.  I reminded him that the 1966 Charger was the introductory car for the Hemi and that this could be a dual celebration.  He seemed to like the idea and was very interested in ways to make a reunion pleasant and memorable for us.  I asked what they had done for other organizations and he mentioned a few.  They would be happy to provide a central location for the First Gens including tents or even a pavilion for our use.  We could decide how we would like to use it... highlight special cars, discussions on the First Gen, whatever (here is where I would need input from our members for ideas).   He offered to help line up people, and, organizations, or businesses that we might need (catering, group photo, etc).  But his main position was that, what one group enjoys may not interest another group.  So he was much more open to the idea that we make suggestions.  Carlisle Events would try to make them happen the way we would like, if possible.  He even felt a parade to the event grounds (similar to the one we had for the 40th at Auburn Hills) could be possible.  (Those of you who have been to Carlisle know how much more complicated this can be on public streets so I was impressed with his acceptance of the idea).  In addition, he said Chrysler Corp (or whatever it's called now!) has shown an increased interest in Carlisle Chryslers in recent years had expressed a specific interest in the Hemi 50th (Since that is apparently the only point he has discussed with them).  So it seem reasonable that they would support a First Gen reunion.  Having Chrysler involved would be a big boost.  He said Chrysler might show a lot if interest in the Charger 50th since the Charger is currently a production car (Let's face it...it's all about sales).
So I am asking if this group (and I will be posting to other First Gen groups) is interested in perusing a commitment with Carlisle.  Should I explore this further?  He said he would need a solid commitment by the end of summer 2015 (August?).  Or is Auburn Hills still the preferred location? 

Ghoste

I could do Auburn but Carlisle would be out of the question personally.

charger207

i aprcoate the response. there are many who could only make one location and I want to know which one is prefered. personally I want to meet as many at one time as possible which is why I'm looking for the most popular location.

charger207

with all the work that went into the 40th by many members that made it such a fun and enjoyable event, 18 months is not too early to start serious discussions. all input is helpful although firm plans, if possible, are encouraged.

bakerhillpins

Carlisle is basically the only big out of town show I make ATM. That might change by 2016 but it's unlikely.

Quote from: Ghoste on January 13, 2015, 06:47:17 AM
I could do Auburn but Carlisle would be out of the question personally.

Bummer, does that mean that your foiled shot making Carlisle last year was your only chance?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Ghoste

It may have been.  We have an auction this summer a week or so after Carlisle and that means I'm out from middle of June to end of July and if its a success (and I damned well intend to make it such) then we'll probably repeat it the next year.