News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

electric auto meter guages ???

Started by plasticman-32, January 13, 2015, 08:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plasticman-32

hello guys im putting after market guages in my 1968 dodge charger.. and i have all electric guages  how would the electirc speedo work with the 727 trans or what do i need to do?

thanks guys

J-440

I think you need an aftermarket speedo cable/adapter.  Ask Auto Meter, they should know.  It substitutes your stock speedo cable and hooks up to the gauge and transmits a signal.  Don't forget to tell them what gear ratio and tire size your using.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

plasticman-32

J-440 thanks so much man i looked it up and yes your right, thats it

John_Kunkel

You'll need a pulse generator that screws onto the transmission.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Auto-Meter-GM-Electronic-Speedometer-Sending-Unit-Pulse-Generator-5291-Sender-/290900179467

No need to worry about which speedo pinion you have, the speedo has to be calibrated after installation.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

c00nhunterjoe

Autometer sells the adapter. I am using the setup on my car. Simple 3 wire install. Ign hot, ground, signal to speedo. Boom, done. Calibration is also a breeze. Put it in cal mode, then drive a 2 mile trip, stop the trip, boom- done. Love mine.