News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does your car have a fender tag or broadcast sheet ?

Started by 70 sublime, January 12, 2015, 12:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many cars still have their original fender tag or broadcast sheet no matter how plain or fancy the car is

Yes my car has a fender tag or broadcast sheet
69 (75%)
No tag or sheet
9 (9.8%)
If you have more than one mopar and most of them have the tag or sheet
11 (12%)
Have more than one mopar and most of them do not have a tag or sheet
2 (2.2%)
I have an even number of cars and half have tag or sheet
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 92

70 sublime

Just wondering what kind of percentage of cars out there still have their option code information still with the car
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

69CoronetRT

How about:

My car has a poorly made/bogus/made up fender tag?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Mr. Lee

My car hasn't got both of them. Is there anyway to find out how the car left the factory originaly?

tan top

fender tag & broadcast  sheet  & warranty book  here  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Quote from: Mr. Lee on January 12, 2015, 02:17:30 AM
My car hasn't got both of them. Is there anyway to find out how the car left the factory originaly?

If its a 67 or older, the information should still be available from Chrysler but 68 and newer there isn't really.  If you could find the original dealer paperwork that may have it.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: Ghoste on January 12, 2015, 06:38:23 AM

If its a 67 or older, the information should still be available from Chrysler but 68 and newer there isn't really.  If you could find the original dealer paperwork that may have it.

Well, it's a 69 and I only know who the previous owner was so no luck.

But I know a lot about the original options etc; is there a site where I can look up the fendertag codes for the info I know?

Challenger340

I think quite a few Cars still have their original Fender Tag and Broadcast Sheets ?
But I can't speculate on the percentages, nor the condition they are in ? how actually readable they are ? or complete ?

I consider myself very lucky to have both in pristine condition.
And the Charger matches correctly to the info therein, as untouched since new, same as the day it rolled off the line.

Only wimps wear Bowties !

70 sublime

Interesting so far
It is looking like about 85% still have their info with the car out of 26 votes
My car still has it's fender tag

I was thinking it was going to be closer to a 50 50 split

Over the last 25 years I have had close to 20 mopars (some just parts cars) and maybe 1/4 of them still had their fender tag and I have never found a broadcast sheet

Also maybe it is just the keeners that are on the computer and know or care about such things that are making it so high a % with the tags  :icon_smile_big:

RIDELIKEHELL

I have a fender Tag,Certicard & a corner of my build sheet(useless as its literally 1" x 1")
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

jaak

My 69 R/t, I have the fender tag and Broadcast sheet. Since it was non numbers matching, and I did not build it according to the tag, the tag is not on the car. I have it and the broadcast sheet put away to keep.

My 68, no fender tag, no broadcast sheet.... Blank canvas.

Jason

moparnation74

My 69 Charger has fender tag, broadcast sheet, and warranty book

My 69 GTX has fender tag and window sticker

70 sublime

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on January 12, 2015, 09:19:11 AM
I have a fender Tag,Certicard & a corner of my build sheet(useless as its literally 1" x 1")

My very first Charger I had ever bought came with a certi card
It was a 1968 Charger with a pile of 440 parts and was originally a 6 cyl car  ::)

Dreamcar

"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Ghoste

Quote from: Mr. Lee on January 12, 2015, 06:52:32 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 12, 2015, 06:38:23 AM

Well, it's a 69 and I only know who the previous owner was so no luck.

But I know a lot about the original options etc; is there a site where I can look up the fendertag codes for the info I know?

mymopar.com has a lot of that as well as many other sites.  This one here can help you too, it isn't posted anywhere but if you tell us the options we can quickly tell you the codes.

Old Moparz

Maybe you need a voting option for people who don't know, never checked or don't care.  :lol:

I almost fall into that category. Of the five cars I have, the two I have owned the longest, the 1969 Satellite & 1971 Scamp, both have their tag & sheet. My 1968 Charger has a tag but no sheet. I never verified to see if it belongs to it because there is no VIN on the tag & it was in the envelope with the title, not on the car. The 1968 Coronet 500 & the 1970 Road Runner have neither, but there was a sheet for a different car in the Coronet rear seat. I don't think it was the wrong sheet from the factory, I think the seat had been swapped from another car.   :shruggy:  

The VIN on the two sheets I do have checked out but I never tried to decode them like I did for the Coronet 500. I did that because the VIN was wrong, it was from a R/T convertible. When I saw this I uncovered the car to read the VIN on the dash to double check. Thought I had a much rarer car than I did, or the DMV screwed up the title.  :smilielol:

The tags & sheets are cool to have but not a big deal if I don't have them. To me it's simply a novelty more than anything else. I'd rather have old photos of the cars when they were brand new.  :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

polywideblock

got the tag ,window sticker and dealer paperwork with the charger    :yesnod:

the roadrunner has tag , door ,vin  and  all body numbers match( found a broadcast sheet under back seat but for a different car     :shruggy: )

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

tan top

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 12, 2015, 10:26:03 AM
The tags & sheets are cool to have but not a big deal if I don't have them. To me it's simply a novelty more than anything else. I'd rather have old photos of the cars when they were brand new.  :Twocents:

:iagree: sort of ,   :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:  

while  I was  :dance: , excited finding my broadcast sheet , behind the rear seat back !! some 26 years ago !  ,  there was never any question what my car was etc with fender tag , stamped body vin , warranty booklet  , two owner , 63 thousand mile car  ,   but think I would have  preferred having old back in the day pictures of my charger  ,  :yesnod:   :Twocents:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

twodko

I am extremely lucky to have a car that has the fender tag,
both build sheets, a certicard, the window sticker and
other dealer paperwork.

I'm not bragging just got lucky by acquiring my
car from my best buddy who bought the car new
from a local dealership.......that's still in business.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Old Moparz

Quote from: polywideblock on January 12, 2015, 12:24:21 PM
got the tag ,window sticker and dealer paperwork with the charger    :yesnod:

the roadrunner has tag . door ,vin  and  all body numbers match( found a broadcast sheet under back seat but for a different car     :shruggy: )

Door VIN.     :shruggy:     

I forgot about those & will have to see if my Road Runner has one......Nah, too cold & too much stuff in the way.   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

charger_fan_4ever

Lord Warlock

tag and one very good sheet under rear seat,  found two other broadcast sheets before i knew what they were and tossed them. one under carpet behind driver seat other stuffed under dash on top of radio.  car also had a certi-card which i can no longer find.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

oldgold69

fender tag  build sheet  original sales contract from the dealer  and a bunch of other stuff from the original owner    he traded in a 67 ford  for it

68RT440

Unfortunately I only have the fender tag. However I did find a receipt in the map packet for a set of shocks from Forest City Auto Parts from back in the 70's...lol
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

c00nhunterjoe

TUFCAT

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on January 12, 2015, 06:01:50 PM
I have the fender tag and broadcast sheet

yep...that should have also been a voting option.

cdr

i have tag & build sheet to my non R/T with R/T emblems.   :icon_smile_big:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

F8-4life

I have a fender tag but no sheet.
I have to say I would have been disappointed if I had no tag.

stripedelete

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 12, 2015, 08:54:49 AM

Over the last 25 years I have had close to 20 mopars (some just parts cars) and maybe 1/4 of them still had their fender tag and I have never found a broadcast sheet

You sure?

Dodge Don

We have 3,107 '70 Chargers registered and have around 550 broadcast sheets. So using that sample you get around 18% give or take. Most do not find their broadcast sheet and often when they find one it is for another car built around same time. Always a treat when we get to reunite one with the current owner.

70 sublime

Quote from: stripedelete on January 12, 2015, 07:31:46 PM
Quote from: 70 sublime on January 12, 2015, 08:54:49 AM

You sure?

I had 20 Mopars or only 1/4 had fender tags ?? (yes not many had the tags because everytime I did see one I always thought they were a neat little trinket on the car)

I have been very surprised by how many Chargers seem to be coming up with some kind of proof of their factory options
I was thinking it would be closer to a 50 50 split
I still think the results may be a little high because the guys that care the most about the Chargers may be on the web doing the voting  :2thumbs:

70 sublime

Quote from: Dodge Don on January 12, 2015, 07:38:42 PM
We have 3,107 '70 Chargers registered and have around 550 broadcast sheets. So using that sample you get around 18% give or take. Most do not find their broadcast sheet and often when they find one it is for another car built around same time. Always a treat when we get to reunite one with the current owner.

Hey Don
Can you tell how many fender tags you have on the list out of the 3107 cars ?

rob1684

67tbird

Fender tag no build sheet unless its under the headliner both door tags have been tampered with and read "void" was sweating that getting it licensed, she didn't even check dash vin.

Magnumcharger

My 1968 Charger R/T has neither a fender tag nor broadcast sheet. My 1971 Charger R/T has both.
One was rode hard and put away wet for thirty years, the other was garaged its entire life.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

5hunert

My Charger came with fender tag and broadcast sheet as well as the broadcast sheet for another C-500 in the backseat.

bill440rt

Two of my cars have tags & broadcast sheets (one car has 2 sheets).

My '69 has nothing. Nada. Zilch. Squat. Relieves the guilt when making any modifications.  :lol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

70 sublime

Yes my car has a fender tag or broadcast sheet  65 (76.5%)
No tag or sheet  8 (9.4%)
If you have more than one mopar and most of them have the tag or sheet  9 (10.6%)
Have more than one mopar and most of them do not have a tag or sheet  2 (2.4%)
I have an even number of cars and half have tag or sheet  1 (1.2%)
Lock Voting
Edit Poll 
Total Voters: 85

So it is still looking like right around the 85-87% mark have their info